Cyber Risk Managed Threat Services Level 1 Analyst
Cyber Risk Managed Threat Services Level 1 Analyst
Are you interested in improving the cyber risk protection of leading companies? If your response is yes, consider joining Deloitte & Touche LLP's growing Cyber Risk Data Managed Threat Services practice. Our MTS analysts and engineers assist our clients with identifying unauthorized activities and intrusions in their networks in real time.
Work you'll do
The Managed Threat Services Level 1 Analyst supports the Security Operations Center (SOC) by acting as the first channel to identify potential information security incidents.
- Monitors client sources of tip-offs for potential security incidents, health alerts with monitored solutions, and requests for information. This includes the monitoring of real-time channels or dashboards, periodic reports, email inboxes, help-desk or other ticketing system, telephone calls, chat sessions
- Follows client-and-incident-specific procedures to perform basic triage of said potential security incidents to determine their nature and priority and eliminating obvious false positives, process health alerts, and process requests for information
- Follows same procedures to perform light, time boxed analyses of said potential security incidents, attempting to gather required information and eliminate false positives
- Depending on escalation guidance and same procedures, escalates potential security incidents to client personnel or Level 2 Analysts, implements countermeasures in response to others, performs light tuning (e.g. whitelisting) and recommends additional tuning to Level 2 Analysts
- Documents all actions taken in a ticketing system
- Maintaining awareness of the client's technology architecture, known weaknesses, the architecture of the security solutions used for monitoring, imminent and pervasive threats as identified by client threat intelligence, and recent security incidents
- Continually improve the service by identifying and correcting issues or gaps in knowledge capital (analysis procedures, plays, client network models), identifying and recommending new or updated tools, content, countermeasures, scripts, plug-ins and other "glue",
Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk team helps complex organizations more confidently pursue their growth, innovation and performance agendas through proactive management of the associated cyber risks. Our professionals provide advisory and implementation services that integrate risk, regulatory, and technology skills to help clients transform their legacy programs into proactive Secure.Vigilant.Resilient.TM cyber risk programs. Join the team developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk Services practice.
- BA or BS in Computer Science or Information Management desirable or equivalent work experience
- Certification include Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC), Continuous Monitoring (GMON), CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Willing to work any of the three 10 hour shifts to offer 24 hours support service
- One or more years working in security information and/or technology engineering support experience
- Experience with the following technologies: leading SIEM technologies, IDS/IPS, network- and host- based firewalls, data leakage protection (DLP)
- Understanding of possible attack activities such as network probing/ scanning, DDOS, malicious code activity, etc.
- Understanding of common network devices such as routers, switches
- Understanding of basic networking protocols such as IP, DNS, HTTP
- Basic knowledge in system security architecture and security solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
§ Self-motivated to improve knowledge and skills
§ A strong desire to understand the what as well as the why and the how of security incidents
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATEAC4SS514MTS
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top