Cyber Risk & Compliance Analyst
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Risk & Compliance Analyst
Location: Hermitage/Nashville, TN
This role supports the programs of ITS (Information Technology Services) Risk & Compliance which includes risk management, compliance management, assessments, security controls and awareness. This position is specifically responsible for understanding and promoting compliance with confidentiality/privacy and IT controls, including those relevant to laws, regulations, and industry security standards and frameworks.
- Identify, document, and assess information security vulnerabilities and risks in the information technology environment.
- Evaluate identified vulnerabilities and risks, working with business owners, risk management, and IT leaders
- Identify tasks and controls necessary to remediate identified risks and vulnerabilities; negotiate dates for remediation to be complete
- Track progress on remediation of identified risks and vulnerabilities and provide appropriate reporting to constituents
- Monitor appropriate sources for newly identified vulnerabilities, evaluate the risk such vulnerabilities pose to the organization's information and systems, and advise management of appropriate measures to eliminate or reduce the organization's risk or exposure to such vulnerabilities.
- Monitor appropriate industry sources to maintain awareness of new security tools and techniques and research those tools and techniques that have the potential to improve the organization's ability to protect its information and infrastructure.
- Assist in the development of appropriate information security policies, standards, procedures, checklists, and guidelines using generally-recognized security concepts tailored to meet the requirements of the organization. Help develop security policies and standards education and compliance strategies.
- Maintain expertise in identifying security risks in the hardware, software, and systems used by the organization.
- Participate in appropriate opportunities continuing education, seminars, participation in field-related professional organizations, and so on to remain current on developments in information security profession.
- Ensure that identified risks are managed in accordance with the Risk Management program.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications. An advanced degree is also preferred.
- Industry certification preferred (e.g., CISA, CISSP, CRISC, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with information technology security programs, audits, controls, assessments, risk assessments, or remediation management
- Familiarity with privacy laws, data protection/security regulations, and frameworks, such as BITS, COBIT, and ISO27001
- Consulting skills (client service orientation, conflict resolution, analysis/synthesis of information, negotiation, project management, etc.)
- Negotiation skills needed to obtain commitments to remediate risks and vulnerabilities from leadership of Deloitte and non-Deloitte personnel
- Excellent communication, listening and facilitation skills
- Excellent time management and related organizational skills, including appropriate sense of urgency, a proactive approach, and a suitable ability to anticipate and manage project lifecycle events, issues and obstacles
- Able to identify and document specific security issues, propose resolution options, and interpret matters from the perspective of involved stakeholders
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, we've invested a great deal to create a rich environment in which our professionals can grow. We want all our people to develop in their own way, playing to their own strengths as they hone their leadership skills. And, as a part of our efforts, we provide our professionals with a variety of learning and networking opportunities—including exposure to leaders, sponsors, coaches, and challenging assignments—to help accelerate their careers along the way. No two people learn in exactly the same way. So, we provide a range of resources including live classrooms, team-based learning, and eLearning. DU: The Leadership Center in India, our state-of-the-art, world-class learning Center in the Hyderabad offices is an extension of the Deloitte University (DU) in Westlake, Texas, and represents a tangible symbol of our commitment to our people's growth and development. Explore DU: The Leadership Center in India
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture that is inclusive, invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
Requisition code: E18NATSASCNM013-ITL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top