Cyber Defense - Security Operations Center – Level 3 Analyst
Work you'll do
The Deloitte Security Operations Center (SOC) Level 3 Analyst position supports the SOC as an advanced escalation point identifying and addressing potential information security incidents. The Level 3 Analyst also serves as a technical trainer and mentor for multiple SOC technologies.
Essential job functions:
Security Monitoring and Response
- Serve as the regional lead and point of escalation for analysts.
- Oversee completion of day-to-day checklist(s), including: log review, management report scheduling & running, alert analysis, and escalation follow up activity status
- Remain current on cyber security trends and intelligence (open source and commercial) in order to guide the security analysis & identification capabilities of the SOC team
- Provide oversight and guidance to junior analysts and fulfill SOC manager responsibilities in the absence of the SOC Manager
- Perform advanced event and incident analysis, including baseline establishment and trend analysis.
- Provide timely advice and guidance on the response action plans for events and incidents based on incident type and severity.
- Responsible for identifying training needs for the junior analysts
- Ensures that all identified events are promptly validated and thoroughly investigated
- When necessary, and with the SOC Managers approval, devise and document new procedures
- Identify opportunities for SOC and client system tuning.
Documentation and Reporting
- Oversee documentation owned by the SOC team including but not limited to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Operational Level Agreements (OLAs)
- Document and report changes, trends and implications concerning the design and integration of evolving systems and solutions
- Improve and develop new content based on observed and measured SOC activity
- Work with the SOC engineer manager and content development team to implement new or enhanced content
- Follow detailed operational processes and procedures to analyze, escalate, and support the remediation of critical information security incidents
- Manage incidents up to the preliminary forensics processes
- Less than 25%
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
- 4+ years of information security related experience, in areas such as: security operations, incident analysis, incident handling, and vulnerability management or testing, log analysis, intrusion detection
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Must have been in a level 2 SOC Analyst role for at least two years
- In depth experience with the following technologies: leading SIEM technologies, IDS/IPS, network- and host- based firewalls, data leakage protection (DLP), DAM (Database activity monitoring)
- In depth, hands-on experience with at least two of the following technologies: Unix administration, Windows Server administration, Active Directory, Windows Workstation, Routers /Switches management, Firewall Management, SANS/NAS, Web servers, IAM/AAA, IDS/HDS, System vulnerability scanning tools, Application/Database vulnerability scanning tools, mobile device analysis or Secure coding
- In depth understanding of possible attack activities such as network probing/ scanning, DDOS, malicious code activity and possible abnormal activities, such as worms, Trojans, viruses, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of leading SIEM solutions
- Experience with SOC ticketing systems and proven SOC process knowledge
- Advanced knowledge in system security architecture and security solutions
- Advanced knowledge in networking, message transport, and endpoint security
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skill and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated to improve knowledge and skills
- Detail oriented
- A strong desire to understand the what as well as the why and the how of security incidents
- Works well both in a team environment and independently
- A desire to lead a team, assist and mentor others
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, we've invested a great deal to create a rich environment in which our professionals can grow. We want all our people to develop in their own way, playing to their own strengths as they hone their leadership skills. And, as a part of our efforts, we provide our professionals with a variety of learning and networking opportunities—including exposure to leaders, sponsors, coaches, and challenging assignments—to help accelerate their careers along the way. No two people learn in exactly the same way. So, we provide a range of resources including live classrooms, team-based learning, and eLearning. DU: The Leadership Center in India, our state-of-the-art, world-class learning Center in the Hyderabad offices is an extension of the Deloitte University (DU) in Westlake, Texas, and represents a tangible symbol of our commitment to our people's growth and development. Explore DU: The Leadership Center in India
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture that is inclusive, invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
Requisition code: E18NATSASCBJ119-ITL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top