Customer Insights Specialist - Chicago & NYC
Doblin + Deloitte Digital are looking for skilled research specialists who want to experiment across methods to inform the products, services and customer experiences of the future. Insights specialists are highly skilled in one or more discipline of user-centered research both to explore new domains and to evaluate and test new ideas. Directing the discovery process as part of design and innovation teams, this role involves close collaboration with design, strategy and technology colleagues to ensure that primary and secondary insights are driving client results.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Contributing to research plans at the beginning of consulting projects
- Choosing and executing research methods to employ from a broad toolkit (ethnography, in-depth interviews, user experience testing of conceptual prototypes)
- Accessing research tools that Deloitte has to offer at the appropriate times (e.g., social insights, crowdsourcing)
- Writing research screeners based on chosen target specifications
- Selecting and using the best research analysis techniques for a given project
- Synthesizing and communicating research insights and findings in compelling and immersive ways
- Conducting secondary research into areas relevant to client challenges (start-ups, competitors, trends, emerging technologies, etc.)
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate these characteristics:
- A passion and curiosity for learning about the world, human behavior, and the motivations that lie beneath the surface to create solutions that fit into people's lives
- Compelling written and spoken communication
- Great attention to detail and a passion for experimenting with new ways of improving the quality of insight we bring when solving problems
- Interest in empathizing and engaging directly with clients
- Interest in collaborating and working on multi-disciplinary teams.
Experience and role expectations
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (human factors, sociology, anthropology, design strategy, innovation, industrial / organizational psychology)
- 2-4 years of experience applying research methods in a business context
- Experience developing research outputs - insight summaries, frameworks, videos
- Ability to travel at least 50%
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E18NATCSSTTN022-DD
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top