CTO Architecture & Strategy Leader (Associate Director) - Deloitte Global
Job Description: Deloitte CTO organization is currently seeking an Architecture & Strategy leader to manage a high performance team developing and delivering the global Architecture and technology strategy. The role will leverage both GTS and member firm resources in a collaborative manner to develop a world class technology architecture vision and technology strategy for Deloitte
The successful candidate will be a dynamic individual, capable of effectively communicating with all stakeholders including Enterprise Architecture, Technical Architecture, and other CTO functions as well as other domains such security, application development and respective functions of member firms. In addition to day-to-day management of people, this person will be expected to think strategically and participate in long-term planning efforts to help develop technology strategy, improve delivery models, crystalize strategic direction and support operational improvements.
This is a unique opportunity for a high-energy professional interested in playing a key role with a top tier global firm.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Provide infrastructure architecture and strategy leadership to drive the definition and realization of the global technology strategy as well as define innovative forward-looking solutions that can be implemented in Deloitte to move the organization to world class.
- Leverage past experience and strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with all stakeholders including CTO teams, GTS teams, member firm technical leaders and IT staff
- Ensure tight collaboration across the various programs and functions to drive the strategic initiatives including understanding of the alignment between the technology strategy and various technology roadmaps, both internal and vendor
- Solicit constructive input from and build consensus among groups and constituencies with differing priorities and perspectives
- Minimize schedule and technical risk by foreseeing and addressing obstacles proactively and aggressively
- Lead Enterprise Architecture team, Cloud hosting team, infrastructure architecture team and technology councils consisting of member firm CTO's and technology directors.
- Manage the recruitment and selection of a talented IT team to assist with the technology strategy planning
- Manage staffing, resource allocation, goal setting and measurements
- Effectively cultivate a culture of teamwork and innovation among the staff
- Manage project/resource estimation activities
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information system or related field. Master's in information systems or business preferred.
Years of Experience: 15+ years
- Over 15 years of experience in technology infrastructure in a large scale complex global organization
- Extensive experience defining overall strategy and innovation for a global organization
- Demonstrated ability balancing costs, risks, and schedule.
- Experience architecting and designing distributed or client-server applications developed on Microsoft technologies
- Experience with defining and executing strategies and approaches around infrastructure technologies
- Minimum of 8 years managing multiple teams that perform large-scale system design and architecture as well as global strategy definition.
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet deadlines and manage related risks
- Strong situational leadership instincts and abilities
- Ability to manage and work with culturally and geographically diverse populations
- Ability to lead and drive virtual teams
- Strong interviewing and negotiation skills.
Requisition code: DE18GLBGTS007DG0399
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top