Counsel - Employment Law - Office of General Counsel - 30 Rockefeller Plaza
Counsel – Employment Law
(30 Rockefeller Plaza – New York)
Are you an Attorney interested in joining an in-house team focused on Employment Law? Are you passionate about research, analysis, investigations, policy and compliance in the Talent/Human Resources area? Then our Office of General Counsel (OGC) Labor & Employment Group may be the right fit for you!
Work you'll do
Manager level, in-house Counsel working either full-time or on a reduced workload with our OGC Labor & Employment Group. This role will include the following:
- Collaborate with attorneys and other professionals in the OGC Labor & Employment Group, Talent professionals, and others throughout the organization on a multitude of legal issues
- Perform legal research, conduct analyses, and provide legal advice on Talent-related issues involving federal, state, and local laws
- Assist with internal investigations of concerns about misconduct or claims of unfair treatment
- Provide support for responding to external audits and investigations by federal, state, and local agencies, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Department of Labor
- Assist with and may oversee forensic reviews, discovery, and other strategy on individual employment matters and employment litigation, including supervising outside counsel
- Contribute employment law advice and risk analysis relating to various Deloitte U.S. Firms policies, programs, and special projects. Assist with drafting and revising such policies and communications related to programs and other projects
- Work with other attorneys in the Office of General Counsel on responding to regulatory requests, subpoenas, and other litigation-related matters
- Supervise outside counsel on research and analytical needs
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- This role is Manager level, but does not have direct reports
Deloitte's Office of General Counsel is responsible for managing the US organization's legal affairs as they relate to firm governance, contracts, engagements, employment, litigation and regulatory matters, legal risks, and other legal matters. The Labor & Employment Group covers areas such as:
- Employment litigation
- Counsel to leadership and Talent on labor and employment Laws
- Regulatory Matters
- Internal investigations
- Affirmative action obligations
- Partner Matters
- Partner and employee benefits
- The individual holding this position must have strong analytical, fact-finding and extensive legal research skills, and well-developed organizational and time management abilities and be able to present information and counsel to other attorneys and clients at all levels of the organization.
- The individual must be a self-starter, must possess strong writing, communication and advocacy skills, the ability to manage multiple matters simultaneously, and the desire to collaborate extensively with others.
- The individual must also have good judgment and be capable of providing creative and practical solutions to complex problems affecting multiple business areas and function specific subsidiaries.
- JD or LLM from an accredited US law school, and be licensed to practice law in the US
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a major law firm or comparable in-house setting
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NYCSMGRJD057-USL6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top