Corporate Service Manager
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You’ll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
Our region encompasses diverse tax laws and is part of what makes a career in tax with Deloitte & Touche Middle East a truly stimulating experience. With many corporations operating across several borders, your knowledge of tax will be key to making sure our clients stay on the right side of tax laws and minimize their tax costs. Your people skills will also be engaged as you form a close working relationship with clients, while your technical knowledge will be stretched as you develop expertise across the board in consulting, business, finance and law to craft commercially sound solutions. As you gain experience, you will do so with the full support of a firm that believes in helping you grow and providing you with the skills to succeed.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity
Your role as a Manager in Tax, will focus on the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as sales and practice development. In this role, you will develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service
During your tenure as a Manager in Tax, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Be familiar with the tax consulting process and the professionalism necessary for the effective diagnosis, solution, development and implementation of clients’ tax needs.
- Concentrate efforts on a variety of international compliance, research, consulting and planning issues.
- Advise foreign multinational companies on the tax implications of their operations.
- Draft and assist in the delivery of proposals for engagements and be knowledgeable about the range of services offered by the Firm.
- Provide leadership in timely and quality delivery of services to exceed the expectations of our clients.
- Assume responsibility for engagement budgeting, billing, management and scheduling.
- Assume responsibility for the development and motivation of engagement staff and provide them with leadership, counseling and career guidance.
- Develop and pursue creative strategies while using the latest technologies.
- Oversee complex tax research projects for clients in diverse industries; participate in engagements requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates; research and analyze a wide range of tax issues such as deferred tax liability issues and tax implications of financing techniques.
- Know how the client’s business works and keeps up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends and leading practices
- Prepares and manages work plans to ensure efficient and timely completion of work
- Identifie and solves problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
- Demonstrate and applies knowledge of current tax legislation, proposed / pending legislation, their implications, and understands interaction across the Global Tax and Legal function, specifically with their area of expertise
- Uses appropriate research techniques and analytical skills to enable fact-based decision making
- Demonstrate subject matter specialty and ability to share knowledge in one or more services lines within the Global Tax and Legal function
- Uses common technology tools to improve work efficiency, effectiveness, and client service. Demonstrates knowledge of service line or market specific technology solutions and stays current on emerging technologies, standards and applications, in order to address current / potential business opportunities and client issue
- Advise on the set up of companies/branches in Bahrain;
- Deal with incorporation of the company or other type of legal structure in Bahrain including assisting with all necessary legal formalities with the Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Industry and Commerce;
- Draft necessary constitutional and other legal documents in Arabic and English;
- Advise on ongoing regulatory obligations;
- Advise companies with the required formalities in case of liquidations;
- Advise on the necessary regulatory approvals depending on the industry the business is operating in;
- Assist with changes to corporate records and constitutional documents;
- Review legal documents;
- Advise on share capital management issues;
Other leadership capabilities:
- Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
Qualifications: To be considered for this position, you must demonstrate skills and experience in the following areas:
- 4 to 6 years of Corporate Services/Legal experience gained within professional services
- Knowledge of the Bahraini Commercial Laws and other Regulations preferred
- Excellent client facing, relationship building and business development skills, coupled with commercial awareness
- Ability to work alone and to plan and execute projects with minimum supervision and to complete work within required deadlines
- Ability to be proactive, identify opportunity and take responsibility
- Apply creative and constructive thinking to proposed recommendations for improvements to internal processes controls, procedures, and policies
- Prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments
- Work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Excellent English skills
- Excellent Arabic skills (priority will be given to Bahraini national candidates)
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills
Requisition code: ME -131046 -HS
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top