Corporate Finance - Transaction Services Manager (Western Sydney)
Are you CA qualified, with a background in Corporate Finance or Audit and have recent experience in undertaking Financial Due Diligence?
Over the last few years we have played a critical role in helping our clients successfully undertake some of Australia's leading M&A and Capital Market transactions. Recent growth in our Western Sydney practice means we have an opportunity for a talented and ambitious manager to fast track their career with Deloitte.
About the role
Our Parramatta-based Transaction Services team is part of a broader New South Wales practice that regularly draws on the capabilities of our colleagues in other parts of Corporate Finance and from across the firm to deliver multi-disciplinary insights to our clients, supporting them throughout the transaction lifecycle.
As a Manager in Western Sydney you will drive the delivery of engagements and help your clients execute complex transactions through pre-acquisition analysis, financial due diligence, forecast reviews and leveraging your general financial analysis skills. This role will see you:
- Develop deeper knowledge across all aspects of the M&A transaction lifecycle
- Build your negotiating and influencing skills through participating in intense client engagements
- Work closely alongside partners and directors on challenging assignments
- Help clients execute a wide variety of transactions including acquisitions, takeovers, mergers, divestments, capital raisings and business optimisation
- Create incremental value through drafting appropriate clauses in transaction documents
- End-to-end project manage the due diligence process
- Mentor and coach a team of high-performing practitioners
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations for senior management and boards
- Participate in business development and relationship building programs with key clients and stakeholders
- Help manage the practice including arranging training and coordinating resourcing.
Your clients will include leading Australian private and listed corporates, global enterprises, private equity firms and Government.
A highly motivated and talented performer, looking to move to one of the leading Transaction Services practices and with a focus on building teams and collaboration, your skills and experience should include:
- Undergraduate degree in finance and/or accounting
- Post graduate qualification e.g. CA, CFA, Masters in Applied Finance or MBA
- Solid experience in performing financial due diligence assignments in a transaction environment or similar complex financial assignments; or business combination experience gained through the audit of acquisitive businesses
- Strong familiarity with the broader deal-oriented process and environment
- Structured thinker with analytical and financial skills to work on complex financial transactions
- Strong leadership capability to collaborate with senior executives and mentor a team
Deloitte's Western Sydney office is strategically placed to serve the growing number of local, regional and multinational companies that make up the third largest marketplace in Australia. The area is in the middle of a major infrastructure investment program which is contributing to the strong deal flow that the team is experiencing at present.
Deloitte's Western Sydney office is home to more than 350 professionals across all service lines, including over 60 in our broader Financial Advisory team, which has been the fastest growing business over the past five years.
The Corporate Finance team focuses on originating and executing transactions in the local market, primarily working on mid-market deals where our integrated offering of Advisory, Valuation and Transaction Services gives our clients a competitive advantage and offers our team members a broad learning environment.
About Us: Deloitte Culture
Deloitte is the largest professional services firm in the World by both revenue and number of professionals. Deloitte provides a range of audit, tax, consulting, enterprise risk and financial advisory services across more than 20 industries and with more than 244,400 professionals globally. In FY 2016, the firm earned a record $36.8 billion USD in revenues and was ranked by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For and by Bloomberg Business has been consistently named as the best place to launch a career. In Australia, we have been one of the fastest growing professional services over the last decade and pride ourselves on also being often considered one of the most innovative.
We are innovative and different because YOU are… we pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you'll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word. At Deloitte, we assume that you perform other roles within your life….you could be a student, a teacher, a passionate hobbyist and a caring family member. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
If you have any questions regarding this role you can contact Juliette Jamoneau in the Talent Acquisition Team on 02 8260 4149.
Requisition code: AUEXP130135
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top