Corporate Finance - Transaction Services - Manager (Melbourne)
We advocate preparedness over prediction. At Deloitte we use our borderless global network to provide informed and proactive guidance to our clients. In this role, you will work with a team of innovative and passionate thinkers to create solutions that meet our clients’ challenges.
About our team
Deloitte advises corporate, financial and private investors on a range of capital optimisation strategies with M&A advisory, infrastructure advisory, debt advisory, transaction services, valuations, IPOs, and merger and integration services offerings.
Our Corporate Finance – Transaction Services team has recently been involved in a number of leading M&A and Capital Market transactions with a diverse range of clients and is expanding rapidly. We add value to our clients across the spectrum of the transaction lifecycle and by solving their most complex financial issues. Our skills are leveraged to provide pre-acquisition analysis, support on transactions and capital raisings and a range of complementary financial advice.
Our team of diverse, high performing professionals are talented, supportive, inclusive and social. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work. We assume that you perform other roles within your life, we recognise the importance of balance and embrace flexibility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our team members.
About the role
You will actively provide in-depth analysis of the key commercial and financial aspects of businesses, as well as their strategic and market position and future plans. You will also work closely with each project based team, supervising more junior team members and supporting senior team members with overall engagement management in addition to involvement in:
- a wide range of engagements including acquisitions, takeovers, mergers, divestments, capital raisings and business optimisation and improvement assignments;
- engagements with international and national blue chip clients, publicly listed and privately held companies and private equity firms; and
- direct liaison and communication with clients, vendors and bidders, other advisers and deal stakeholders providing truly innovative solutions to our clients not simply managing transactions.
You will ideally be a strong analytical chartered accountant with a minimum of four years post CAANZ qualification experience from a Transaction Services or Corporate Finance background and able to demonstrate;
- experience performing financial due diligence assignments in a transaction environment or similar complex and challenging financial assignments;
- advanced financial analytical skills and an ability to quickly navigate and interpret a high level of financial data (advanced Excel skills are considered necessary);
- strong commercial acumen with proven ability in understanding and analysing key business drivers
- a willingness and enthusiasm to take on complex financial challenges with little precedent;
- highly developed verbal and written communication and inter-personal skills, including a track record of delivering outstanding client service in compressed timeframes;
- strong strategic thinking and advisory capability gained from interaction with senior decision makers;
- succinct and insightful report writing skills (advanced PowerPoint skills are considered beneficial);
- a dedicated and supportive approach to team work and an ability to build strong relationships with your colleagues, clients, other advisers and deal stakeholders.
Deloitte is the largest professional services firm in the World by both revenue and number of professionals. Deloitte provides a range of audit, tax, consulting, enterprise risk and financial advisory services across more than 20 industries and with more than 244,400 professionals globally. In FY 2016, the firm earned a record $36.8 billion USD in revenues and was ranked by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For and by Bloomberg Business has been consistently named as the best place to launch a career. In Australia, we have been one of the fastest growing professional services over the last decade and pride ourselves on also being often considered one of the most innovative.
From day one at our firm you’ll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed – in every sense of the word.
If you have any questions regarding this role you can contact Juliette Jamoneau in the Talent Acquisition Team on 02 8260 4149.
Requisition code: AUEXP130882
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top