Corporate Finance Business Development Marketing Specialist
Corporate Finance Marketing Specialist
Are you looking to capitalize on your sales skills in a dynamic, fast paced, corporate finance environment? Our Corporate Finance practice operates through Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC* (DCF), a registered broker dealer. We offer sophisticated investment banking services to companies of various sizes —large corporations pursuing middle-market deals and mid-sized companies engaged in "life event" transactions. We are seeking marketing specialists to successfully support our bankers with domestic and international merger and acquisition transactions.
This is a unique opportunity. This might be the right gig for you if:
- You can talk to anyone about anything at any time, especially over the phone. Your communication skills are unparalleled. You're an excellent writer. You speak clearly and with persuasion. When out with friends, it's you that decides what restaurant to try or movie to watch.
- You're self-motivated to knock it out of the park every single time, regardless who's watching. You understand that you chose your attitude each day and look for the best in people and situations.
- You pay attention to details. You dot your i's and cross your t's.
- Your competitive spirit and passion for winning is off the charts. You hate to lose (while remaining a good sport).
Work you'll do
As an expert in sales and marketing for the best Advisory services offerings, bar none, in the middle market, you will work with our team of outstanding "A" players on a variety of matters as it relates to business development:
- Leverage phone calls, email, and other appropriate channels of communication to contact and persuade C-Level executives to meet with our bankers
- Understand our database system (Salesforce), record prospect communication activities, and drive follow-up with senior business development professionals and bankers where appropriate.
- Utilize and modify scripts and email templates for prospecting
- Understand the Deloitte Corporate Finance practice platform, service offerings, industry profiles, and basic corporate finance concepts
- Follow-up with senior professionals to obtain and record outcomes of meetings and conference calls.
- Compile and submit monthly reporting in Excel
An in-depth understanding of the M&A landscape, market experience, and access to our global network of advisors means we have the capabilities to help clients confidently pursue strategic transactions in both domestic and global markets – this includes managing the entire M&A lifecycle. Working with our clients to develop growth strategies based on their organizational goals, our services are designed to help clients be prepared to capitalize on opportunities during the merger, acquisition or divestiture process. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Mergers and Acquisition practice.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of relevant inside or outside sales experience
- Microsoft Excel and Word experience
- Series 7 and 63 licenses or ability to obtain licenses in 60 days
- Financial/Banking Industry sales experience
- Successful B2B sales history with demonstrated results
- Salesforce experience a plus
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATFACSMH083-FT
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top