Controller, Global Financial Advisory
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
Deloitte Global Finance is seeking a high-performing individual to provide high-quality financial insights and control and pro-actively manage the budget allocated to the global business. Individual will require management reporting background, budget management experience, detailed financial analysis, and executive report creation. Role includes working with India resources in creating deliverables and financial insights for executive leadership and key stakeholders. This person must be highly organized with good communication skills, a keen eye for detail, and possess a strategic and analytic skill-set to further strengthen our Global Finance brand.
The key clients are primarily Deloitte Member Firm PPDs and include the Global Business and Operations Leadership & Executive, Regional and Country Business Leaders, Global, Regional and Country Service Line Leaders, Global Business Industry Leaders, Country Finance Controllers and other groups within Deloitte Global such as Technology, Talent, Tax, Corporate Development, Procurement and Knowledge Management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide timely and accurate financial performance data and analysis to a wide network of global leaders, in total and by segment (e.g., geography and service lines), with key business insights by identifying areas of focus and influencing leadership to take action.
- Regular communication and presentation to key stakeholders and clients
- Proactively control the global business budget by working closely with the Global Business Operations Leader and provide alternatives for optimal utilization of allocated budget.
- Ensuring all processes, standards and plans are comprehensive, practical and effective in achieving the goals of the business area and supporting the overall vision of DTTL and Global Finance.
- Long-range planning, forecasting and financial oversight or involvement in financial decisions impacting the business unit.
- Generating options, visualizing possibilities and formulating new approaches for the business area. Articulating a clear picture of short and long term priorities that support the overall business strategy.
- Build relationships and establish a network of Member Firm Finance Controllers to disseminate information, exchange ideas and share best practices for the benefit of the global network.
- Support other strategic global finance and firm projects that enhances the value proposition and contributes to establishing best practices within the business area.
- Coach, Mentor, train and supervise US based manager / USI Financial Analysts
- 10+ years of business experience with progressive leadership roles and a focus on strategic/financial analysis and project.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a key business advisor, interacting with all levels of the Firm.
- Finance mindset and background and ability to work through changing business scenarios and providing alternatives to business leaders within in a short timeframe.
- Results oriented with strong teaming / team development skills.
- Ability to structure thinking in a logical manner and communicate ideas in an effective and articulate manner.
- Able to move to answers quickly supported by data and analysis.
- Demonstrated success at leading executive level presentations and comfortable interacting with the most senior levels in the organization.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to structure project approaches / analyses in a logical manner that addresses uncertainties.
- Extensive experience in strategy development, competitive analysis, financial modeling, scenario analysis, and business planning.
- Comfortable working across organizational silos and coordinating on cross-disciplinary programs.
- Superior PowerPoint and Excel skills required, relational database experience (e.g. Access, SAP) a plus
Requisition code: DE17CHIGOP006CF021
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top