Consulting – Technology – Technology Strategy & Architecture - Senior Consultant
What impact will you make?
About the team
Business today depends on technology as never before, to drive transformation, productivity and growth. Organisations must innovate to stay ahead of the game, using technology to enable change. Deloitte combines powerful process with technology implementation capability enabling us to take strategic plans and designs, and help our clients turn them into reality. From advisory to technology-enabled transformation programmes, we work with business leaders to solve their toughest challenges through applied innovation - backed by worldwide resources, deep strategic alliances, and full-spectrum delivery across strategy, implementation, management and operations. The result? Technology's promise fulfilled.
Technology Consulting Technology Strategy & Architecture
Deloitte has an exciting career opportunity for a Consultant / Senior Consultant within our Technology Strategy and Advisory team in Deloitte. This is a senior role within our technology team who advise clients on their most important and complex business challenges. Using the latest technologies, approaches and methodologies you will be continually encouraged to devise innovative solutions. You will develop your technical and business skill set across industry sectors. You will work on diverse and varied projects with our clients to transform or develop their technology strategy. We offer the opportunity to work with a variety of clients across a number of different sectors. We provide a challenging and exciting work environment with scope for personal development and on-going training.
As a Consultant within Technology you will:
- Apply proven multidisciplinary techniques and tools to provide a range of IT advisory services to our clients including:
- Technology strategy advice
- IT business management, including IT operating model and organisation design, IT finance management and IT service management
- IT procurement/sourcing advice
- Selection of onshore and offshore managed service partners in the software and hardware arena
- IT contract development, negotiation and advice
- Vendor management and commercial strategy/negotiations
- IT infrastructure / architecture and cloud technologies
- Tech enabled innovation
- Enterprise Architecture, including application rationalisation
- IT M&A due diligence
- Have a track record of delivering effective solutions within tight deadlines and budget.
- Develop your industry and domain knowledge, ensuring you are up-to-date on latest trends and developments across a broad technology spectrum, enabling you to provide impactful advisory services to our clients
- Exploit these industry best practices and your experience to create business solutions for our clients.
- Contribute to the development of junior team members through mentoring, coaching and performance management
- Contribute to the strategy and day to day operations of our technology practice
- Contribute to business development activities, identifying opportunities and contributing to bid activities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, engage and interact with C-suite level.
- Exposure to and previous experience in a number of the responsibility areas outlined above
- 2 – 5 years consulting experience with relevant technology experience, ideally working in advisory rolp>
- Technology degree along with a strong academic performance
- Knowledge of and passion for technology trends e.g. Robotic process automation, Cognitive automation, Blockchain, Big Data, IoT and Cloud
- Exposure to enterprise architecture concepts and good knowledge of IT architectures
- Strong understanding of business realities to maximise competitive advantage from both emerging and legacy technologies
- Ability to apply creative thinking to complex business challenges, turning disruptive technological threats into commercial opportunities
- Project management experience
- Willingness to travel if required
Why join Deloitte:
We offer the opportunity to work with diverse and varied clients across a number of different industry sectors. We provide a challenging and exciting work environment with scope for personal development and on-going training. You will be continually encouraged to devise innovative solutions in order to help deliver our clients' needs, whilst developing both your technical and business skill set.
If you are interested in this role or would like to find out more information about this role please contact Sabrina Connor at [email protected]
Requisition code: 133310
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top