Consulting Manager Strategy & Operations
Our Consulting practice helps clients make major strategic decisions and implement business improvements. Our practitioners advise on all aspects of the client's business operations to streamline functions and improve performance. They are responsible for developing, maintaining and growing relationships with senior client executives, as well as for leading consultant and client project teams from project planning through execution.
For growing our business in Bucharest, we are currently recruiting a skilled Manager in our Strategy & Operations service line.
Responsibilities typical of a Manager could include:
- Plans and executes a project to deliver a superior client experience
- Prepares project plan to meet objectives within established budget and timeline and recognizes when plans should be adjusted to meet objectives
- Develops budget, scope and staffing recommendations based on understanding of client budget and project economics
- Ensures that team's work meets quality assurance standards and that all relevant risks have been identified and appropriately addressed
- Prioritizes tasks of the team based on relative importance, delegating to the right resource, based on role, experience and skill level
Comprehends how the client's business works and keeps up-to-date on industry/sector trends and leading practices (identifies relevant business trends, economic forces, and industry practices and can confidently discuss with the client, leverages knowledge of solutions and past experiences with other clients to support sales pursuits and drive new business)
Leads business development presentations and actively participates in complex proposal development, identifies and transforms opportunities into solutions that drive business value for our clients
- Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Looks for challenges and opportunities to grow team members' expertise and talents – encourages people to stretch their capabilitip>
- Supports team members' development needs through formal and informal coaching and knowledge sharing
- Actively supports the attraction and development of top talent
- Demonstrates an understanding of Global, Business and Member Firm strategies.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate:
- 6 years of experience in management consulting firms, with demonstrable track record of contributing in consulting projects, and managing projects or important project streams
- Excellent knowledge of various consulting methodologies and tools (e.g. value chain analysis, modeling, cost/benefit analysis, ROI, risk assessment, relevant IT applications)
- Excellent project management skills: defining scope and budget, managing priorities, delegating tasks to the right resources, adjusting work plan when needed
- Outstanding communication skills: able to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely, often through various visual representation; demonstrate confidence and competence as a speaker who can adjust style to address a wide range of audiences
- Excellent ability to build relationships: easily connect with various relevant people or networks, and gain the trust and confidence of others through his/her actions over time
- Advanced business awareness: connected to relevant business / industry groups and aware of important trends, practices, and market conditions that merit discussion with the client
- Result oriented: ability to set clear objectives for self / others, and to follow up until their fulfillment
- Competent in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, fluent English speaker.
Requisition code: RO_180117_MC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top