Consulting - Deloitte Digital - Project Manager - Senior Manager (Pipeline)
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients, and our people. If you’re ready for a career with a dynamic organisation in an environment that fosters professional development and career advancement, you’re ready for Deloitte. With 200,000 people in over 180 countries, Deloitte member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world’s largest companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions and successful fast-growing companies.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations. We specialise in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism, TMT and the public sector.
Deloitte professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Our professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
At Deloitte you have the opportunity to develop your talents and capabilities and be in the driving seat of your career. Our unique culture, commitment to continuous learning and accessible leadership encourages personal initiative and rewards innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender or culture, you’ll make more of your career at Deloitte.
About the Division
With close to 800 globally connected professionals, the Consulting practice of Deloitte in Southern Africa is one of the largest consulting firms in the global Deloitte Consulting business. By integrating our four distinct service offerings and extensive industry knowledge we are able to deliver unique solutions that address clients’ needs.
Consulting offers services in four key areas:
- Strategy & Innovation
- Human Capital
- Technology (including Enterprise Applications)
- Business Process Services
What would you do?
This position requires an experienced consulting project manager with a solid understanding of enterprise level business transformation projects that include design and deployment of enabling technologies. Ability to support and/or drive pre-sales initiatives is also required. The candidate must also be able to articulate project issues to the business community at senior management and executive levels. You will amongst others perform the following:
- Support pre-sales activities through RFP/RFI/Tenders and subsequent proposals, client presentations, requirements gathering and facilitating demos of prototypes with technical assistance
- Scoping, sizing and planning and the associated project effort and dependencies • Define project approaches at project life cycle level using appropriate methodologies • Define integrated project plans, including:
Project charters / project definition reports that elaborate on all aspects of the project Project milestone plans
- Define required deliverables of work streams, and dependencies between work streams and tasks
- Define people plans for project resources that define the terms under which they will work and travel whilst on the project
- Resource and mobilise project work streams as per project plans
- Manage resource re-allocations and handovers in the event of swap-outs or resignations or scope changes
- Manage and oversee all project activities as overall owner of the client relationship and the Deloitte resource accountable for project delivery
- Continuously monitor and manage the project according to sound project management principles and project management methods, including:
Application of project management methods
Regular status reporting internally and to the client on the key areas that ensure successful project delivery and management
Monitoring and recording the status and progress of these key areas
Inter and Intra-project dependency management
Quality assurance of project outputs
- Drive the evaluation of performance of the solution against business requirements with assistance from technical resources
- Mentor, coach, manage and assess project team members
- Ensure rigorous project closure is practiced, including hand-over’s, sign-offs, demobilization of resources and documentation of lessons learned, project citations and knowledge management activities
- Perform research, evaluate and stay current with trends in and tools used for project management
- Assist resource coaches in their annual assessments and ongoing coaching of project team members through constructive feedback on performance and development requirements
- Partake in Deloitte management forums and feedback sessions
- Work closely with business users, solution and platform vendors, change management, process, testing and training teams as part of projects
What are we looking for?
- 8+ years management consulting experience
- Financial services experience
- 5+ years project/Programme management
- Must have at least 2 subsequent years of project management experience on multi-disciplinary projects at the enterprise level clients
- Advanced corporate communication and writing experience and advanced computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Formal project management qualification, formal project management training and experience with a large international consulting firm would be an advantage
- Experience in managing technology rich projects in which object orientated analysis, design and development techniques have been used by work streams is an advantage
- Experience in managing projects on which the latest trends and techniques with regard to systems analysis and design (use Case specification/ UML modelling) have been used would be an advantage
- Working knowledge and experience of release management, configuration management and version control
- Conceptual level knowledge of enterprise content management and / or business process transformation, including any or all of the following process enabling and integrating technologies is an advantage:
Business Process Reengineering (BPR)
Web Content Management (WCM)
Workflow / Workflow management / Process automation
Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and messaging using tools like IBM WBI, MS-BizTalk, etc.
Business Intelligence (BI), analytics and reporting
- Interpersonal communications skills, presentation skills and client interaction skills including relationship management ability
- Experience within the banking and insurance environment and also a solid understanding of the greater financial services environment would be an advantage
- Professional approach and conduct
- Ability to work alone (self-motivated) or as part of a team, and able to lead a multi-disciplinary team of analyst programmers, solution and integration analyst designers and architects, product specialists, change resources, testers, trainers, vendors and business users in delivering solutions
- Ability to leverage knowledge of team members to present and defend recommendations and solutions
- Focus on high quality of output of all team members
- Lateral thinking (willing to change and accept new ideas / concepts)
- Analytical thinking & decision making ability in a complex environment
- Good problem solving skills (analysis and business / process solution design)
- Flexibility and adaptability (Flexibility and innovation in approach)
- Motivating and influencing others (ability to sell and lobby new concepts to relevant parties)
- Customer-centric viewpoint and good stakeholder management
- Able to interact and negotiate with clients at all levels of business
- Interpersonal communications skills and presentation skills
- People networking and good, rapid relationship building
- Consultative approach to issue identification, problem solving and execution and risk management
- Good initiative, high energy level, self-starter and self-management ability
Requisition code: ZA127778KM
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top