Consulting - Deloitte Digital – Customer Applications – Salesforce Developer (Pipeline)
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients, and our people. If you’re ready for a career with a dynamic organisation in an environment that fosters professional development and career advancement, you’re ready for Deloitte. With 200,000 people in over 180 countries, Deloitte member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world’s largest companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions and successful fast-growing companies.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations. We specialise in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism, TMT and the public sector.
Deloitte professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Our professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
At Deloitte you have the opportunity to develop your talents and capabilities and be in the driving seat of your career. Our unique culture, commitment to continuous learning and accessible leadership encourages personal initiative and rewards innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender or culture, you’ll make more of your career at Deloitte.
About the Division
With close to 800 globally connected professionals, the Consulting practice of Deloitte in Southern Africa is one of the largest consulting firms in the global Deloitte Consulting business. By integrating our four distinct service offerings and extensive industry knowledge we are able to deliver unique solutions that address clients’ needs.
Consulting offers services in four key areas:
- Strategy & Innovation
- Human Capital
- Technology (including Enterprise Applications)
- Business Process Services
About the Division
Deloitte Digital is a bold and innovative part of Deloitte Consulting. We offer everything digital from strategy, multi-channel, bespoke development and managed solutions.
Deloitte Digital is an innovative leader in online and mobile strategy, design and development, offering world-class knowledge and resources from the leading global business and technology consultancy.
We work with a wide range of iconic local and global organizations, helping them understand and profit from the online and mobile revolution.
Our focus is on the areas of digital strategy, mobile, social/web, content management and managed services. Underpinned by digital tech architecture, application implementation and development expertise. We approach our work with great energy and passion as we align our client’s business aspirations to the goals of the end user.
Deloitte Digital is one of the hottest growth ventures of Deloitte globally with practices being developed in the US, UK, Japan, Canada and also Southern Africa.
We are seeking leaders with an eclectic mix of digital visionaries, creative wunderkinds and technology gurus in Deloitte Digital, to unlock magic for both clients and colleagues. We are seeking leaders who like the fast lane and relish the challenge to grow Deloitte Digital at a target growth rate.
Current Deloitte Digital offerings:
Digital Business Solutions
We help our clients understand and engage with their customers and employees by putting cloud-based technologies and practices in place that are needed to drive engagement and loyalty.
You will be required to manage the day to day development activities, and primarily focus on custom development tasks on the salesforce.com platform using Apex and Visual Force. There are series of customizations and integrations that requires the individual to be adept with the salesforce.com toolset, and support the current team in building a cohesive, streamlined and quality solution.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Gathering, developing and analyzing business requirements for solution design on Salesforce.com;
- Application design and configuration using Salesforce.com automation (SFA);
- Utilizing object oriented programming and design concepts to advise clients on Salesforce.com solutions;
- Developing custom applications and performing unit testing using Salesforce.com APEX and Visualforce pages;
- Performing data migration using Salesforce.com Data Loader;
- Designing and developing functionalities and web integration using Apex; Designing user interfaces using Visualforce pages;
- Using Force.com IDE to deploy and migrate applications;
- Utilizing Eclipse as a platform for development, testing and code deployment;
- Creating process and business flow diagrams use cases, story boards, training documents and job aids for end users and business users using Microsoft Visio and PowerPoint; Supporting and maintaining the applications on Salesforce.com to ensure optimal performance.
Requirements and Experience:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (any), Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
- Salesforce Administrator ADM 201 or App Builder or Platform Developer I and Platform Developer II certification (Advantageous)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, facilitation, documentation, and presentation skills (MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, etc.)
- Strong business process knowledge
- Excellent Salesforce.com declarative configuration skills
- Complex SFDC Apex and Visual Force Page development experience, with strong expertise in at least one of the following areas/modules:
o Sales Cloud
o Service Cloud (Highly preferred)
o ExactTarget MarketingCloud
o Implementing Data Security
- Data migration between SFDC Sandboxes and Production Orgs using Change Sets, Eclipse or Ant
- Experience with version-controlled environments/interfaces (e.g. Github, Sourcetree)
- Experience integrating Force.com development with modern deployment and release processes (e.g. Agile; Continuous Integration, Jenkins)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement
- Ability to interact with clients and represent Deloitte in a professional manner
- Willingness to mentor junior staff
- Willingness to travel 80-100% of the time
Requisition code: ZA126521KM
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top