Consulting - Deloitte Digital – Customer Applications – Salesforce Developer (Pipeline)
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 220,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism and the public sector, and we provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you'll develop at Deloitte.
About the Division
Innovation, transformation and leadership occur in many ways. At Deloitte, our ability to help solve clients' most complex issues is distinct. We deliver strategy and implementation, from a business and technology view, to help lead in the markets where our client's compete.
We offer the following services:
- Human Capital – Business-led, people-driven. We leverage research, analytics, and industry insights to help design and execute the HR, talent, leadership, organisation and change programs that enable business performance through people performancp>
- Strategy & Operations – Connecting Strategy to operations, delivering lasting impact. Our global network of Strategy & Operations professionals draws on the strength of Deloitte's full suite of professional services and industry experience to focus solutions on the real issues affecting businesses todap>
- Technology – Our professionals help clients identify and solve their most critical information and technology challenges, including strategy, procurement, design, delivery and assurance of technology solutionp>
Our professionals need to have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, balancing long term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands. We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities.
About the Division
Deloitte Digital is a bold and innovative part of Deloitte Consulting. We offer everything digital from strategy, multi-channel, bespoke development and managed solutions.
Deloitte Digital is an innovative leader in online and mobile strategy, design and development, offering world-class knowledge and resources from the leading global business and technology consultancy.
We work with a wide range of iconic local and global organizations, helping them understand and profit from the online and mobile revolution.
Our focus is on the areas of digital strategy, mobile, social/web, content management and managed services. Underpinned by digital tech architecture, application implementation and development expertise. We approach our work with great energy and passion as we align our client's business aspirations to the goals of the end user.
Deloitte Digital is one of the hottest growth ventures of Deloitte globally with practices being developed in the US, UK, Japan, Canada and also Southern Africa.
We are seeking leaders with an eclectic mix of digital visionaries, creative wunderkinds and technology gurus in Deloitte Digital, to unlock magic for both clients and colleagues. We are seeking leaders who like the fast lane and relish the challenge to grow Deloitte Digital at a target growth rate.
Current Deloitte Digital offerings:
Digital Business Solutions
We help our clients understand and engage with their customers and employees by putting cloud-based technologies and practices in place that are needed to drive engagement and loyalty.
You will be required to manage the day to day development activities, and primarily focus on custom development tasks on the salesforce.com platform using Apex and Visual Force. There are series of customizations and integrations that requires the individual to be adept with the salesforce.com toolset, and support the current team in building a cohesive, streamlined and quality solution.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Gathering, developing and analyzing business requirements for solution design on Salesforce.com;
- Application design and configuration using Salesforce.com automation (SFA);
- Utilizing object oriented programming and design concepts to advise clients on Salesforce.com solutions;
- Developing custom applications and performing unit testing using Salesforce.com APEX and Visualforce pages;
- Performing data migration using Salesforce.com Data Loader;
- Designing and developing functionalities and web integration using Apex; Designing user interfaces using Visualforce pages;
- Using Force.com IDE to deploy and migrate applications;
- Utilizing Eclipse as a platform for development, testing and code deployment;
- Creating process and business flow diagrams use cases, story boards, training documents and job aids for end users and business users using Microsoft Visio and PowerPoint; Supporting and maintaining the applications on Salesforce.com to ensure optimal performance.
Requirements and Experience:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (any), Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
- Salesforce Administrator ADM 201 or App Builder or Platform Developer I and Platform Developer II certification (Advantageous)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, facilitation, documentation, and presentation skills (MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, etc.)
- Strong business process knowledge
- Excellent Salesforce.com declarative configuration skills
- Complex SFDC Apex and Visual Force Page development experience, with strong expertise in at least one of the following areas/modules:
o Sales Cloud
o Service Cloud (Highly preferred)
o ExactTarget MarketingCloud
o Implementing Data Security
- Data migration between SFDC Sandboxes and Production Orgs using Change Sets, Eclipse or Ant
- Experience with version-controlled environments/interfaces (e.g. Github, Sourcetree)
- Experience integrating Force.com development with modern deployment and release processes (e.g. Agile; Continuous Integration, Jenkins)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement
- Ability to interact with clients and represent Deloitte in a professional manner
- Willingness to mentor junior staff
- Willingness to travel 80-100% of the time
Requisition code: ZA126521KM
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top