Consultant - Project Controller - Atlanta
Consultant - Project Controller
Deloitte Consulting's Project Controller Practice is comprised of client service professionals specializing in project and account operations serving as a focal point for aspects of engagement, program, and account management control. Consultant - Project controllers provide engagement management knowledge for the entire project management team(s) by assisting with initiating and controlling organization and logistical aspects of projects. Their greatest value, however, is in the understanding and application of engagement business and financial processes both to individual projects and to client accounts.
Work you'll do
As a Consultant - Project Controller you will:
- Be responsible for supporting one or more project/engagement teams through successful management of the financial analysis and reconciliation process and the implementation of project management control
- Prepare budgets and forecasts to project and track financial metrics such as revenue, expense, etc.
- Interact periodically with senior level internal, and sometimes external, clients to present various analyses, discuss recommendations and provide project financial advice
- Track expenditures and perform the client bill and receivable collection functions
- Perform and manage project management office (PMO) functional tasks and perform day-to-day contract management activities
- Understand and utilize standard processes for project management, quality management, and risk management
- Contribute to the growth and development of the overall Project Controller Practice through active involvement in one or more practice initiatives
Our project controller practice helps clients define what they need and how it can be delivered. We work with clients to define their projects' scope in as much detail as possible using advanced financial, budgeting, and forecasting techniques. We provide realistic cost estimates that account for projects' phases and activities, people, materials, hardware, and software and produce the best- and worst-case estimates using leading-edge project and client management software to keep clients' projects on track and on cost.
- B.A./B.S in Accounting/Finance or related field
- Minimum of 2 year experience in a financial analysis role
- Minimum of 2 year experience with the entire Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills (Excel certification will be required post-hire)
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed (frequency is dependent on the office location and project assignments)
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with a variety of contracting types (e.g., time and materials, fixed price) and billing scenarios
- Experience in a client service environment; consulting experience is a plus
- Experience with MS Access and MS Project applications
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17ATLCACSMZ108-PC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top