Conflicts Analyst - Risk Management/Compliance - Conflicts Review - Stamford
Do you have a nose for recognizing and managing risk as an organization takes on new business and projects? Is one of your strengths investigating and researching to find potential issues? Then our Conflicts team is looking for talent like you!
Work You'll Do
- Search various databases for existing client relationships that may be in conflict with a new proposal.
- Search web sites for information about corporate affiliations (such as parent/subsidiary).
- Apply judgment to design effective database searches and to distinguish relevant search results from those that are irrelevant. Accumulate the search results, and communicate the search results to the proposal team.
- Assist US proposal teams in performing an international conflict check with the applicable foreign Member Firms.
- For a Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) proposal, prepare and circulate a conflict check message to the affected U.S. personnel, monitor the responses received, and independently or in consultation with a manager, follow up and coordinate with Lead Client Service Partners (LCSPs) to obtain resolution of potential conflicts of interest, and communicate the resolution to the foreign Member Firm.
The Strategic & Reputational Risk Management groups are strategic enablers of growth by proactively identifying and managing quality, risk, professional conflicts of interest, and other business risks that Deloitte faces in the marketplace.
On a broader scale, Strategic & Reputational Risk Management protects, preserves, and enhances our reputation by helping our senior executives identify, assess, manage, and respond to top-tier risks and crises or incidents that could undermine the firm's brand and reputation.
- Knowledgeable of the regulatory bodies (SEC/AICPA/PCAOB) and their role in the accounting profession
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills, prior exposure to international business correspondence a plus
- Solid knowledge of world's geography
- Excellent data-entry skills and attention to detail
- Self-directed, adaptable to changes in the work environment/rules/directions
- Occasional overtime may be required during peak periods.
- Recent recipients of a Bachelor's degree in related fields are also encouraged to apply.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18STMSSPEJD050-USL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top