Compensation Strategies Consultant
Are you a data-driven professional interested in working with market leading tools and technology? Join our team of professionals who help clients assess benefit program and organizational risk by leveraging advanced analytics within their federal agency environment. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise clients through critical and complex benefit and risk issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte's Actuarial Rewards and Analytics Practice (ARA).
Work you'll do
As a Consultant within our ARA team you will:
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
- Assist in proposal development, as requested
- Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our rapidly growing ARA practice brings deep expertise in the areas of risk quantification and data analytics. With the increase in computing power, organizations are interested in analyzing both internal and external data to identify previously unknown relationships that will drive operational efficiency. Additionally, as the cost and risk of compensation and benefit programs continue to increase, employers are searching for new and innovative ways to improve employee productivity and engagement. Our practitioners help government leaders make informed decisions on price optimization, management of risk and resources, reduction of operational costs, and design of compensation and reward programs that drive high performance and addresses critical organizational challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or other business related field
- 1+ year of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- 2+ years of experience in compensation in the public or private sector or a compensation consulting background
- strong knowledge of compensation surveys, custom survey design and statistical analysis, incentive plan design and analysis, job evaluation methodologies and pay structure analysis and design
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for this role
- 1+ years of experience with broad base pay
- Knowledge of Federal government laws and regulations regarding employment and pay
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ROSCCONSAD014-HC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top