Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
Global Tax & Legal Communications provides internal communication guidance, planning, tactical support, and content development and delivery to drive the successful execution of the Global Tax & Legal strategy and Deloitte's Purpose to make an impact that matters. Communications deliverables and activities address business objectives related to strategy, growth, and implementation/deployment. In addition, Global Tax & Legal Communications maintains active collaborations with marketing, knowledge management, member firm tax, and other global and member firm business line communicators to reinforce key messages and enhance deployment and adoption efforts.
The Deloitte Global Tax & Legal Communications team has an opening for a Manager in internal communications. The candidate will report to the Associate Director in Global Tax & Legal Communications and will work directly with Global Tax & Legal leaders to advise and execute on their communications needs.
Role specific responsibilities:
Support Global Tax & Legal with internal communications for a variety of service lines, initiatives, and campaigns. Support would involve drafting communications plans and executing on the deliverables outlined in the plan using multiple mediums, including executive memos/emails, presentations, newsletters, video scripts, video storyboards, intranet content, toolkits, promotional materials, social media content, among others. Candidate would also be providing communications support for internal Global Tax & Legal leadership and business line meetings, with potential international travel to provide on-site support. Specific responsibilities would include:
- Communications strategy development and planning
- Collaboration with Global Tax & Legal Communications, marketing, and business line leaders and teams to develop an overall strategy that supports the Tax & Legal organization's goals and priorities
- Collaboration with business line leaders and teams to develop internal communications plans to support various initiatives, programs, products, events, etc.
- Execution of tactics from agreed internal communications plans, including:
- Memo/email writing and creation of presentations for executives
- Video scripting and production (working with both internal creative teams and outside vendors)
- Web content development, writing, and updating
- Support for large webinars
- Newsletters—editorial management and writing content
- Collaboration with brand, marketing, knowledge services, and member firm and other global business communications teams to deliver consistent, informed, and aligned communications projects
- Creation of materials and presentations for large internal leadership meetings, including handouts, onsite graphics, and videos, with occasional on-site management of presentations and videos
Bachelor's degree in Communications or related major
Years of experience:
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant experience, preferably as a communications professional providing communications strategy, planning, development, and delivery support in a professional services firm
Required skill set:
- Demonstrated experience delivering communications strategies and plans to internal clients
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to quickly understand, integrate, and communicate business strategies and program/initiative/product information and benefits to gain support, buy-in, and adoption
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent skills in PowerPoint
- Ability to script and manage video and design projects, including vendor management
- Ability to work effectively and with minimal supervision in a global virtual team environment
- Strong project management skills, particularly with a globally dispersed team (including India)
- Ability to form strong relationships within a large, complex, and global organization
- Ability to work independently and comfortably with high-level partners from all over the world
- Ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and manage ad hoc high priority requests from leadership
- Comfortable managing up, seeking input, and engaging with a broad stakeholder group
- Understanding of professional language and style for executive-level audiences
- Client-service mindset
- Ability and desire to take on sometime tough and challenging projects
- Ability to respond quickly to high-priority deadlines and easily adapt to change
- Ability to travel globally
Requisition code: DE18USAGOP005LN0048
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top