Commercial Strategy Senior Consultant Intern - Minneapolis
Are you a first year MBA student looking for an exciting strategy internship with diverse and high impact projects?
We are looking for an energetic growth strategy professional with outstanding analytical capabilities to join our venture accelerator team as a summer intern. Our summer intern needs to be a self-starter and enthusiastic team member who is highly organized with excellent attention to detail. As a Commercial Strategy Senior Consultant Intern within Deloitte New-venture Accelerator (DNA), you’ll be a critical part of a specialized team that helps shape Deloitte’s future with new growth opportunities. We accomplish this by pursuing our mission of building and scaling a portfolio of “hybrid” businesses that combine Deloitte’s market leading professional services with IP-based products (e.g., data, analytics, or software).
What You’ll Do
As a Commercial Strategy Senior Consultant Intern, you’ll work with the DNA team to identify, evaluate, and build new inorganic and organic investment opportunities. You will add value in many ways, such as:
- Use a market-in research approach combined with the Lean Startup customer development methodology and engage in hands-on market testing to design and shape new growth opportunities at Deloitte
- Work on several work streams, for example, acquisition pipeline development, market and customer trend analyses, and market sizing and segmentation
- Use your analytical and creative skills to execute complex market research and analysis to help build investment cases and use storyboarding to synthesize and share findings with key stakeholders
- Conduct customer, leadership, and subject matter expert interviews to generate business insights and hypotheses for market testing
- Work closely with stakeholders across the core Deloitte functions to help shape and build the firm’s hybrid business portfolio
How You’ll Grow
Due to DNA’s specialized and focused mission, our team members have the incredible opportunity to work with senior executive partners on high impact growth projects across the firm. This gives us the unique chance to observe, learn from, and interact with some of the most highly recognized leaders in a variety of industries, all while developing specialized capabilities for the firm in high priority, high growth areas.
Furthermore, professional development and helping our people grow are two core beliefs at Deloitte. Within DNA and across Deloitte we nurture talent by providing supportive leadership for growth opportunities, from hands-on experience to rewarding teamwork. We believe that development has no ceiling and we offer lifetime learning opportunities for people at every level of the organization. During your time with us, you’ll also sharpen your consulting and networking skills by taking part in social outings, office-wide team meetings, and community service events.
What You’ll Need
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in strategy or consulting
- Enrollment in an MBA program and a strong academic track record
- Outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills, including expert level PowerPoint storyboarding
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to structure and synthesize qualitative / quantitative findings into leadership-level presentations and exercise mature judgement
- Demonstrated knowledge of structured / logical thinking, broad strategy development, and market assessment frameworks
- Advanced to expert Excel skills and experience structuring and analyzing large quantities of data and information, including using standard statistical and financial modeling techniques (SPSS a plus)
- Experience conducting structured, time-bound competitive and market research, including a high degree of familiarity with major market research sources and databases
- Advanced survey design and analysis (construction and coding experience on a platform such as Qualtrics a plus)
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team, while handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
What’s Nice to Have
- Multi-variant regression modeling / simulation and analysis
- Survey-based pricing methodologies, including conjoint analysis
- Experience working in complex, multi-stakeholder organizations
The DNA team accelerates new business growth by providing critical support to Deloitte’s core business lines as they develop and expand into hybrid business models. We guide senior stakeholders to the opportunities that make the biggest impact. We are a tightly knit high-performing team, pride ourselves on exceptional service and the ability to build long-term, mutually beneficial, trusted partnerships. While we are a geographically dispersed team and work remotely a fair amount, we recognize and appreciate the value of face-to-face interaction and generally co-locate with our fellow team members at least two days a week in our offices in Minneapolis, MN and Princeton, NJ.
Our culture values creativity and innovation. We celebrate our people and their uniqueness. We believe that collaboration is the key to opportunity and success.
Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
At Deloitte, we’re a culture of purpose. Today, the interconnectedness of business, markets, politics, and culture requires the adoption of a unified, integrated ethos. At Deloitte, we believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want our potential candidates to feel prepared and confident. To help you ace your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the company and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Below, you’ll find links to articles that are designed to help you prepare for your interview and show us why you’re the perfect hire.
Putting your best foot forward in an interview.
What we look for when first meeting candidates.
Forward-thinking questions to pose during your interview.
7 tips to ensure a strong interview.
Requisition code: S17MINSI18JUNEJ-NV
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top