Cognos Analyst with Polygraph
Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology to solve tough problems? Our Technology group is comprised of deeply passionate and experienced professionals who guide clients through their most complex technology challenges. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to work with Federal clients through critical issues, consider a career in Deloitte's Federal Technology practice.
Work you'll do
The workforce strategy and analytics team utilizes an analytics platform to develop tools and visualizations to help client leadership make data-driven decisions. Practitioners will use best practices outlined by Deloitte to develop reports and/or dashboards and queries against enterprise level systems to answer key human capital questions. Team members will be responsible for requirements gathering, query design, and playing a critical role in the analytics development lifecycle. Members of the analytics team will also need the aptitude to search for answers when they aren't easily accessible. The workforce strategy and analytics team is seeking a senior consultant or below to serve as a business intelligence platform developer. This role will include the creation of new analytic products as well as the redesign of existing reports.
- Support Implementation and Operations Management best practices
- Lead and support tasks and portions of the project scope on engagements related but not limited to Systems Implementation, Operations & Maintenance and Helpdesk Operations
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of client issues
- Demonstrate a foundational understanding of the client environment and overall project scope
- Identify and solve problems using analysis, experience, and judgment
- Independently perform tasks with some guidance to execute a portion of the project scope
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our Technology team works with clients to help them develop custom software solutions, manage their applications and databases, and provide strategic recommendations to help them optimize their businesses' operations, processes, and performance.
- Typically has 1 or more years of consulting and/or industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an IT, IS, or business related field
- Experience with a business intelligence software
- Ability to work independently under general guidance
- Consulting experience
- Experience in requirements gathering and analysis
- Experience using RDMS like Oracle, DB2, Sybase, or SQL Server
- Experience with visualization BI tools like Cognos, Tableau, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, OBIEE, Spotfire, SAS or QLIKVIEW
- Experience of developing or working with SQL
- Experience working in teams and in a team environment that is process-oriented and deadline-driven
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Relevant software or application skills to complete job successfully
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Experienced with AM Best Data Analytics, Drewry Data Analytics, Dun & Bradstreet Data Analytics and E2open
- Active with TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience using RDMS like Oracle, DB2, Sybase, or SQL Server
- Familiarity with visualization BI tools like Cognos, Tableau, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, OBIEE, Spotfire, SAS or QLIKVIEW
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ROSCPDMRG27445
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top