Cloud Platform Architect-Senior Consultant
Do you enjoy using technology to create a big picture solution that makes impact? Are you interested in being at the forefront of emerging and disruptive technology solutions that drive value for federal clients? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of Federal Technology, Strategy & Architecture (TS&A) professionals who advise clients with innovative solutions to better run their IT business. A career at Deloitte will put you on the frontline, supporting Federal agencies tasked with the most critical technical challenges.
Work you'll do
As a Senior Consultant in our practice you will:
- Be responsible for full lifecycle support in the areas of IT Strategy, Cloud Model Delivery, and Infrastructure support
- Support system-based processes (including scenario design, flow mapping)
- Define and implement support procedures
- Manage business requirements
- Create the new process design and contribute to solutions prototyping
- Test and train the support team to deliver solutions
- Perform project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others
- Participate in or lead the development of client deliverable content
- Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues
- Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
- Provide coaching to junior staff
- Contribute to new business and proposal development
- Manage own personal and professional development, seeking opportunities for expansion of consulting skills and experiences
- The Cloud Platform Architect is responsible for forming, maintaining, updating, and delivering a platform of capabilities—including specific activities and deliverables—that help clients on their journey to Cloud. The Cloud Platform Architect keeps abreast of new cloud trends and continuously integrates them into the platform
- The Cloud Platform Architect typically supports multiple clients. As such, the capabilities that comprise the platform will vary across service models, migration types, cloud service providers, maturity, and other factors. The capabilities that make up the Cloud Platform Architect's platform may be offered to clients individually or as an integrated set
- The Cloud Platform Architect also leads the development of the platform as a solution offering within the Service Line, supporting the development of reusable methodology materials and providing training and growth paths for junior practitioners.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our Federal TS&A team delivers technical insights and implementation solutions that extract and maximize business value from IT investments. We focus on services related to architecture, engineering, and operations within the Federal environment. We deliver effective solutions related to IT strategy, IT Business Management, and IT Infrastructure support that are fundamental to our client's success.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of technology consulting or other relevant industry experience
- Prior professional experience in IT Strategy, IT Business Management, Cloud & Infrastructure, or Systems Engineering
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for this role
- Migration Strategy: Advisory on Migration Disposition/Type (As-Is, Replatform to IaaS, Refactor to PaaS/Cloud Native, etc.)
- Compute: Infrastructure, Platform Sizing, Consolidation, Tiered and Virtualized Storage, Automated Provisioning, Rationalization, Infrastructure Cost Reduction, Thin Provisioning
- Experience with Storage: Storage Capacity Planning, Storage Area Network (SAN) Planning, Network Attached Storage (NAS), Partitioning, Rationalization, Architecture, Design, Data Migration, Synchronization Technologies, File Systems
- Experience with Data: Data Integrity, Data Access Management, Master Data Management, and Distributed Data Management, Data Caching, Application and infrastructure hardening
- Network experience: Software-Defined Networks, Network Capacity Planning, LAN/WAN, BGP, Routing, Proxy Servers, Network Infrastructure Services (DNS, DHCP, CA, Directory Services), Load Balancing, VPN technologies, SSL certificates
- Experience with Operating systems and Software: Upgrade Planning and Implementation, Clustering and Grid Computing, Linux-on-Mainframe
- Experience with Open Source: Sizing and Performance Analyses, Selection and Implementation, Platform Design and Selection
- Experience with Virtualization: Virtualization Server, Storage, Desktop, Network; Reducing Sprawl
- Experience with Infrastructure-Based Processes: Monitoring, Capacity Planning, Facilities Management, Performance Tuning, Asset Management, Disaster Recovery, Data Center support
- Knowledge of EA principles and methodologies
- Experience with Servers, Infrastructure, Platform Sizing, Infrastructure Cost Reduction
- General knowledge of storage: Network Storage Capacity Planning, Storage Area Network (SAN) Planning, Architecture and Design
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is preferred
- Possess one of the following certifications for the design/development of cloud platforms and/or applications using a cloud platform:
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry – Administrator or Developer
- Possess any additional certifications (one or more) for the design/development of distributed solutions on a leading infrastructure platform such as:
- IBM Certified Solution Architect – Cloud Computing Infrastructure v3
- Google Cloud Platform Qualified Developer
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect
- VMWare Certifications (Data Center Virtualization, Cloud Management and Automation, Network Virtualization)
- Red Hat Certified Architect
- Possess a certification for the architecture and implementation of solutions on a leading distributed software platform (e.g., Salesforce Technical Architect Certification).
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ROSSCWL1002
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top