Cloud Infrastructure Senior Engineer - CIE
Cloud Infrastructure Senior Engineer - CIE
Cloud is transforming the way technology enables the business. It represents a radical shift in how IT services are obtained, used, and managed. Companies are navigating through the various cloud options and deciding between private, public, or hybrid ecosystems. Our cloud solution analysts will guide our clients through multi-year journeys from the case for change through implementation across all dimensions of cloud - business alignment, technology architecture and design, cloud application on-boarding, and transforming their operating model – to help solve our client's most complex issues with the focus on value creation.
Work you'll do
As a Cloud Infrastructure Senior Engineer within Deloitte's Cloud Service Line, you will be responsible for working with other technology focused individuals utilizing cloud-based and other technologies to transform organizations in an effort to enable new business models, increase operational agility, and reduce costs. Cloud Infrastructure Senior Engineers will be expected to learn, stay relevant and take leadership roles on projects utilizing emerging cloud technologies (private and public) and data center infrastructure. Cloud Infrastructure Senior Engineers will assist in the gathering of technical and business requirements, develop designs and implement solutions that align with those requirements, and work with support teams to ensure proper operational capabilities.
Deloitte is an industry leader in our clients' Digital transformations. We recognize that the backbone enabling our clients' highest aspirations for analytics and cognitive solutions is next-gen Cloud infrastructure. From cloud consulting, to implementation, and ongoing managed services we offer a full scope of Cloud services and solutions. We want talent who is ready to innovate cloud services and empower our clients to leap frog forward in their technical capabilities. Building your career at Deloitte offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge Cloud technologies to deliver next-Gen Cloud solutions. We embrace the tech pioneer mindset and always enable our talent to keep their skills evolving at the speed at which the technology marketplace is evolving.
Cloud has transformed the way technology enables the business. It represents a radical shift in how IT services are obtained, used, and managed. Companies are navigating through the various cloud options and deciding between private, public, or a combination across different and dynamic provider ecosystems. Our employees are empowered to think outside of the box and provide innovative solutions to our customers.
- 5 or more years of implementation experience in public or private cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, VMware, Cisco, HPE, Dell/EMC, NetApp, etc.) for mid or large size organizations
- Experience designing, installing testing, implementing storage area network technologies including iSCSI, FCoE, and Fibre Channel SANs
- Experience deploying and managing Network Attached Storage (NAS) systems and network file systems including NFS and CIFS
- 5 or more years of experience with virtualization, cloud and big data solutions
- 3 or more years of extensive use of server management tools
- 5 or more years of experience troubleshooting server and storage infrastructure (e.g. BIOS level troubleshooting)
- Experience configuring and trouble-shooting both Windows and UNIX/LINUX based system connectivity
- 3 or more years of experience with benchmarking system level storage (e.g. IOPS) and compute (e.g. CPU, memory)
- Ability to work independently as needed as well as within a team structure to ensure proper alignment of solutions across multiple towers
- Ability to lead clients through selection criteria for cloud providers and application suitability assessments including detailed cloud architecture design for global scale and high availability
- Experience in leading teams to design technology and process landscape and develop overall solution strategy
- Ability to create critical collateral for client workshops and customer interactive sessions
- Excellent articulation, communication and strong inter personal skills
- Experience in participating in transformation initiatives for mid to large scale organizations
- Proven ability towards assisting business process improvement initiatives
- Ability to work with a multi-location team
- Willingness to travel 80 – 100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- Expert experience with hyper-converged platforms e.g. HPE, Dell, etc.
- Strong experience with designing, implementing, or operating IT systems on leading commercial Cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, and Google
- Deep experience with IT systems in an enterprise environment using virtualization or private Cloud technologies, including VMware, Cisco, HPE, OpenStack, OpenShift, Xen, and Hyper-V
- Proven track record in software development and experience in configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and Python)
- Experience with modern development and testing techniques such as continuous delivery and continuous integration
- Experience with API management solutions and their role across enabling an enterprise cloud
- Expert level certification (e.g. AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, VMware VCA6-DCV (Expert), Cisco CCIE, etc.)
- 5 or more years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Knowledgeable with data center technologies and operations
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts and connectivity
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATCSRCTC041-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top