Cloud & Infrastructure Practitioner
Cloud is transforming the way technology enables the business. It represents a radical shift in how IT services are obtained, used, and managed. Companies are navigating through the various cloud options and deciding between private, public, or a combination across different and dynamic provider ecosystems. We are looking for Cloud Architects, Cloud DevOps Engineers, Cloud Delivery Managers and more to help our clients in embracing on demand tools, devices and agile best practices to establish and transform global enterprises and reduce organizational friction.
Work you’ll do
- Architecting application designs using AWS Services or other leading cloud providers
- Building, migrating and testing AWS environments and integration with other providers
- Designing end to end application and data security
- Leading application migration projects including optimizing technical reliability and improving application performance
- Integration with on-premise applications, cloud providers or other platforms
- Implementing cost optimized solutions (based on usage, business requirements and budget)
- Programming applications to be optimized to work within constructs of an AWS environment
- Developing templates or scripts to automate everyday developer or operations functions
- Monitor and maintain multiple (DevOps) environments based on client requirements
- Setting up or managing backups and patching across the environments
- Identifying new tools and processes to improve the cloud platform and automate processes
Our technologists help clients implement innovative technologies to drive their business’ forward. Our consultants link technology insights to clients’ organizational goals to fit within their full operating models, accounting for their people, intellectual capital, and processes. Learn more about Technology Consulting at Deloitte.
Technology Strategy & Architecture
At Deloitte Consulting, our technology strategy and architecture specialists help organizations develop the strategies and implement the systems that build business value and drive performance. We have the in-depth knowledge and experience gained from working on some of the most complex IT challenges around the globe, everything from system replacement to full IT transformation. Learn more about our Technology Strategy & Architecture practice.
- Programming experience with Node.js, SQL, Java or Python (or other relevant programming language is a must)
- Understanding of multi-tier application architectures
- Experience with different database types like RDS and NoSQL
- Ability to develop, test and maintain programming environments and architectural standards
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Saltstack, Puppet or Chef
- Foundational understanding of application development lifecycle and using tools like Code Pipeline, Code Commit and Deploy (or comparable tool set)
- Strong understanding and experience configuring, managing and supporting applications using tools such as OpsWorks, Datadog and CloudWatch
- Experience with working in an agile development lifecycle and continuous integration processes using tools such as Jenkins or Jama
- Ability to architect enterprise applications using AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Understand cloud security for access identify management to security groups
- Deep knowledge of automation scripts and tools like bash, Chef, Docker, Ansible and CloudFormation.
- Understand how to deploy multi-tier application across a custom defined Virtual Private Cloud
- Ability to setup multi-level network environments with AWS
- Ability to design scalable, secure, reliable and efficient technical cloud ecosystems to support enterprise applications
- Knowledge of how to setup and use different database types like DynamoDB or Redshift
- Experience with API and Gateway functions like Lambda and API Gateway (or equivalent)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: X17NATCMGRTC300-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top