Cloud Enterprise Architect Senior Manager
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Area: Technology & Infrastructure – Office of the Deputy CIO for Technology
Location: Any US Deloitte Location, Hermitage preferred
The DevOps COE reports to the office of the Cloud Delivery Leader and is responsible for delivering cloud services which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. The DevOps COE flexes to support business-lead software development while bring to bear best practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
As the Senior Cloud Enterprise Architecture Leader you will drive the design and delivery of world-class cloud solutions for the office of the Deputy CIO of Technology. This includes spearheading the establishment of a cloud architecture practice. Your group will provide the right level of structure to enable transformation and innovation in cloud.
Your responsibilities include building a team of enterprise cloud architects which will partner with business-lead development teams to successfully design cloud solutions. You will be challenged to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new cloud services, drive transformation, and transform IT.
- Establish a cloud enterprise architecture practice and team which delivers services for next generation solution development efforts. This includes providing guidance and technical leadership for DevOps delivery teams and cultivating a business-focused mind set.
- Ensure product teams are provided a comprehensive set of cloud architecture services by leading the establishment of the right team model, process, and methodology.
- Be the trusted advisor for cloud initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice while also building organizational partnerships and networks to ensure comprehensive cloud capabilities are developed with input from appropriate business and IT resources.
- Strategize with your team to build tailored solutions with repeatable patterns that can be leveraged across business and IT solutions.
- Influence and promote the use and delivery of cloud services in the organization.
- Partner with business and IT stakeholders to develop and drive cloud strategy, roadmaps, and product delivery with a structured approach.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or relevant experience and accomplishments.
- 10+ years of experience in the IT field.
- Strong experience with cloud software design patterns (microservices, messaging, distributed caching, etc)
- Strong experience setting vision, building the team, and running product development efforts. Includes developing strategic roadmaps and presentation.
- Strong experience building product delivery schedules and roadmaps.
- Strong experience building multi-tenant cloud solutions with Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS cloud services.
- Proven track record of successfully adopting new technology at an enterprise-wide level.
- Experience leading delivery of managed IT services to enterprise customers.
- Exceptional communication skills and proven track record of presenting to executive-level leadership.
- Developer background, 5+ years’ experience with programming in at least one common object oriented language (java, python, c#, etc).
- Strong experience leading a technical team with the ability to lead people, provide direction, and set clear objectives.
- Experience with continuous integration concepts and tools, such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Microsoft TFS, TeamCity, etc.
- Must understand Agile/SCRUM methodologies and have applied them on a Scrum team.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Strong experience in programmatically configuring Linux or Windows servers and services for cloud-based deployments.
- Experience designing and running a practical release management process for a product team.
- 3+ years of experience developing with the Microsoft technology stack – TFS, Visual Studio, .Net, SQL, IIS, etc.
- Excellent influencing and reasoning skills; good at conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Ability to travel ~25%.
Requisition code: E17NATSSRMSH013-ITL7
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top