Cloud Architect Sr Manager
Title: Cloud Architect Sr Manager
Organization: Technology & Infrastructure - Cloud Solutions Center
The Cloud Solutions Center reports to the office of the Deputy CIO of Technology and is responsible for delivering cloud solutions which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. The Cloud Solutions Center supports software development efforts and provides best practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
As a Cloud Solution Architect you will drive the design and delivery of world-class cloud solutions for the office of the Deputy CIO of Technology, providing expertise on cloud infrastructure services. This includes taking a lead role in the cloud architecture and engineering practice. You will be challenged to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new cloud services and drive transformation for our business and IT processes.
Your responsibilities include partnering with business-lead development teams and successfully leading the design of cloud solutions. You will be challenged to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new cloud services, drive transformation, and transform IT.
- Define the Cloud Architecture for both hybrid and non-hybrid cloud solution.
- Be the go to person for Cloud Architecture. You should have a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to use them together to build complex solutions.
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow security and compliance controls.
- Participate in the establishment on an automated DevOps release management pipeline which delivers tooling for next generation application development efforts (the Dev) and on-going production operations (the Ops). Cultivate a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery mind set.
- Ensure development teams are provided a full set of DevOps ALM tools by leading the establishment of the right tooling and processes that will result in a fully automated release management pipeline to include: the Automated build process, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information (to target developers).
- Partner with development and operations teams to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions that move projects forward in a timely manner.
- Be a trusted automation and tooling advisor for DevOps initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice.
- Plan, organize, and control multiple responsibilities to achieve project objectives; technically guide projects through to completion. Ensure deliverables are completed within target timeframes and are consistently of high-quality.
- Work with teams to bring continuous improvement to ALM processes and tools. Develop and own KPIs to ensure performance is measured against expected business outcomes.
After hours on-call support occasionally required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or relevant experience and accomplishments.
- 8 years of experience in the IT field.
- 3-5 years of Release Management Coordination/Engineer experience managing builds through development, QA, UAT through to production.
- 5+ years of strong experience with cloud services - Azure or AWS preferred.
- Understand how to automate builds for developer environments from development through production within a Continuous Delivery model.
- Experience of practical implementations of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools.
- Must understand the Scrum Agile methodology and have worked on a Scrum team.
- Direct, hands-on experience with DevOps and release management tools
- Familiarity with Docker containers, working experience a plus
- Familiarity with MicroServices architecture, working experience a plus
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as VSTS, Bamboo, Jenkins, Microsoft TFS, TeamCity, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience with packaging programs like MSI, rpm, or other.
- Knowledge of SQL, and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Knowledge of networking, firewalls, load balancers etc.
- Knowledge of best practices for IT operations in an always-on, always-available service model
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately with corporate executives and technical teams.
- Excellent influencing and reasoning skills; good at conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Ability to travel ~10%.
Requisition code: E18NATSSRMSH074-ITL6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top