Cloud and VDI Manager
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Cloud and VDI Manager
Location: Hermitage, TN
Organization: Technology & Infrastructure
Provides operational support for private and public cloud Desktop as a Service platforms and associated tooling. Assists in the design and implementation of new cloud and virtual desktop infrastructure products and projects. Coordinates the interaction among several different groups within the product development lifecycle including Operations, Development, QA, Support, and business teams. Possesses in-depth knowledge and cross-functional understanding in the areas of virtualization (VMware, Microsoft), VDI (VMware), cloud (Azure, AWS), data center infrastructure (network, storage, server hardware), and common Desktop as a Service offerings such as AWS Workspaces. May serve internal or external clients.
Illustrative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focuses on providing research, development and support in the area of cloud platforms, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), virtualization, and emerging related technologies (containers, micro services, big data, etc…)
- Work with multiple teams to devise and implement automated workflows to reduce the time to provision on-premises and cloud based services, reduce manual effort for repeated maintenance tasks, resolve commonly occurring break-fix incidents faster and without the need for manual intervention and prevent problems and outages from occurring through more consistent/predictable delivery of services.
- Coordinates requirements gathering, solution design sessions, implementation plans and Proofs of Concepts.
- Defines technical evaluation criteria for vendor products and solutions and determines technical approaches to ensure all architectural solutions result in an efficient systems design.
- Analyzes emerging technologies in the areas of cloud, vdi, and virtualization and influences direction of project solutions.
- Develops business cases showing proposed value of public cloud services, vdi, and virtualization and estimated return on investment, followed by regular collection of metrics to demonstrate cost/time savings.
- Partners with ITS business representatives and business leaders to understand business drivers and critical needs. Ensures alignment between the business strategies and application technology roadmap while advising and consulting leadership on costs, benefits, and implementation requirements.
- Possesses exceptionally strong software, system and network troubleshooting skills.
- Continue pursuit of knowledge of cloud, vdi, virtualization, and infrastructure management tools through seminars, webinars, technical publications, and product evaluations.
- Responsible for architecting, implementing, maintaining and upgrading cloud, vdi, and virtualization platforms and related tools.
- Establish and maintain IT cloud, vdi, and virtualization methodologies, documentation, and resources (ie. script repository).
- Design, develop, implement and maintain a cost effective, long-term IT cloud, vdi, and virtualization strategies and roadmaps promoting reusable components, low maintenance costs, high efficiency and scalability.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in technology leadership on large enterprise projects around application architecture and/or infrastructure architecture.
- Advanced proficiency in server, software and network troubleshooting;
- Advanced proficiency in virtualization skills (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V);
- Advanced proficiency in Windows Server administration and installation; Intermediate proficiency in at least one major cloud platform (Azure, Amazon, OpenStack, HP CloudSystem 9, vRealize);
- Intermediate proficiency in at least one major VDI platform (VMware Horizon View, Citrix XenDesktop);
- Intermediate Linux/Unix administration and installation;
- Intermediate proficiency with databases (e.g. MS SQL Server, T-SQL, Mysql, MongoDB);
- Intermediate proficiency with datacenter infrastructure such as DNS, LDAP, email relays, etc;
- Intermediate proficiency MS Office;
- Novice proficiency with configuration automation systems (Puppet, Chef);
- Novice proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint;
Requisition code: E18HERSMGRSH062-ITL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top