Client Relationship Executive – Public Sector
Deloitte Services LP is seeking high performing candidates to pursue strategic relationships at the largest and most sophisticated state and local government accounts. Candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit, significant public sector industry experience, strong relationship management skills and a proven track record in selling professional services to state governments. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with the City of New York and will have responsibility for business development at this client for the wide range of services offered by Deloitte's US subsidiaries.
The Client Relationship Executive (CRE) is responsible for building the relationship between Deloitte and the client, helping to market Deloitte's services and capabilities to the client, and the planning and penetration of all areas within the client's organization.
The role involves:
- Driving targeting efforts across the breadth of a client's business units and functions
- Developing strategic and tactical plans to generate revenue
- Building relationships with key executives to generate and develop ideas, pursue opportunities and close sales
- Identifying and influencing key decision-makers at all levels within the client organization
- Assisting the account team with qualifying, pursuing and closing opportunities
- Playing a leadership role in pursuits and an oversight role in the development of proposals
- Coordinating the efforts of Deloitte's cross-disciplinary teams
- Working closely with Deloitte's Lead Client Service Partner (LCSP) to ensure that the client business and financial plan is developed, monitored and that pursuit processes are consistently executed across the account
Deloitte has a record of delivering successful projects that solve some of our clients’ most difficult challenges and our professionals are gratified by the solutions we deliver to our state government clients. The ideal candidate will have a significant level of relationship and business development experience and a passion for helping government organizations address their most critical challenges. The candidate will understand how to develop an integrated marketing plan that targets state government clients and their service needs. The candidate should have a sound understanding of the professional service delivery process and ideally will have experience delivering engagements at some point within their career. The typical candidate will have 8-10 years of experience within the state market.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 8-10 years’ experience as a relationship and/or business development manager serving the City of NY client account across multiple agencies
- Strong professional services and consulting sales knowledge and experience
- Past experience and strong relationships within the City of NY
- In-depth understanding of state and local government
- Proven ability to develop and secure relationships at all levels within a client organization
- Experience in relationship building that increases account penetration and leads to increased revenue opportunities with new and existing clients
- Demonstrable ability to leverage pre-existing network of clients or contacts in the marketplace
- Success in playing a leading role within an account team framework (i.e. working effectively with Lead Client Service Partners, Service Line/Industry leaders, practitioners and other business development professionals)
- Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams in client pursuits
- Poise, executive presence and high articulacy. A strong background in crafting and delivering proposals is also a requirement
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA is desirable
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com.
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top