Client Advisory Senior Manager – Lead HR Business Partner for Shared Services
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
We are seeking an experienced Associate Director/Senior Manager to join the Deloitte Global Human Resources team as a Lead HR Business Partner role to our Shared Services business areas. This is an ideal opportunity for an innovative Human Capital practitioner or a seasoned HR leader with strong advisory skills to leverage their expertise in leading the design, delivery, and execution of talent initiatives that support multiple shared services business groups with personnel situated across the world.
This is a highly consultative position; assessing the needs of the business and developing Talent strategies that support shared services organization objectives, delivering strategic and core HR services and leading from the front. The incumbent will lead a team of HR Business Partners in the execution of these objectives. The ideal candidate will need to bring a passion for both strategic thinking and driving results both through a team and individually.
- Work with senior executives to define talent priorities and customize the delivery of talent management offerings to best support a Global Shared Services organization.
- Lead the talent component of shared services set up; business case development, employee transition plans, SLAs, governance, operating principles, legalities and tax considerations related to operating in multiple countries etc.
- Partner with the business leaders on organization design including organization structure, appropriate talent models that lower delivery costs, location optimization, all in overall alignment with budgets and business' longer term strategy and shorter term plans.
- Play a key role in the design and implementation of change management/communication strategy during set up phase as well as future transformation strategies to achieve efficiencies
- Serve as a senior advisor in relation to HR services delivered by HR Business Partners, including; career coaching and development, performance management, job and employee data changes, separations, compensation, employee relations, learning, succession, employee retention and engagement.
- Drive and regularly report on value and results delivered to the business. Oversee the Talent Scorecard and monthly reporting to clients; conduct additional deep dive analyses as needed with regular interaction with finance. Summarize trends and issues and deliver practical and insightful thought leadership to business unit leaders, focusing attention on appropriate next steps to address areas of need
- Collaborate with our India based HR team to ensure seamless strategic direction for professionals located in our India offices. Provide one view of talent across locations to leadership
- Oversee complex employee relations issues, effectively managing risk, working with legal, business and HR leaders as needed
- Oversee the talent review and year-end evaluation processes in line with Deloitte Global HR and Deloitte MF network processes.
- Influence a network of HR professionals across the world to achieve the shared services organization talent priorities locally and bring resolution to any conflicting priorities or policies in those countries.
- Lead and mentor the shared services HR team towards a common goal. Work across the Global HR team to implement the broader HR strategy and initiatives.
- Activate the Deloitte Global commitment to creating an inclusive culture.
- Bachelor's degree
- Post-graduate level degree and a professional Human Resources/business qualification or equivalent experience desired.
Years of Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in a senior level HR advisory or Human Capital consulting role
- Experience in the below areas
- Design, implementation, and integration of groups or organizations into a combined or shared services model.
- Building offshore delivery models and managing set-up and ongoing delivery
- Strong consultative skills (client service orientation, conflict resolution, analysis/synthesis of information, negotiation, etc.) with proven track record of leading change and complex program management
- Proven track record of successfully developing and implementing strategic talent initiatives
- Solid practical knowledge of talent management disciplines, such as: performance management, succession planning, talent planning, competency development, compensation, employee relations, talent analytics.
- Excellent strategic thinker, with demonstrated experience in strategy development, translating strategic goals/concepts into action plans, and executing initiatives at an operational level with a willingness to be "hands-on" and involved
- Exceptionally strong project manager who can balance the detail with strategic thinking; able to design and take initiatives from abstract to concrete. Ability to manage competing, high-priority demands: prioritizing workload, managing projects and multiple responsibilities against strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal/collaboration skills; capable of building effective working relationships with internal stakeholders across multiple business areas, functions, and geographies, serve as a consensus builder, negotiator, influencer of senior leadership, and motivator to ensure team members adhere to and support team vision and goals.
- High comfort level working in a fast-paced, results-oriented culture.
- Ability to navigate a global, matrixed, and mostly virtual environment for effective outcomes.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, ability to adjust communication style based on the audience.
- Strong demonstration of analytical skills and ability to prepare executive ready materials that inform and influence decisions of senior leaders.
- High degree of endurance, responsiveness, and flexibility to work through multiple iterations of work, and quickly adapt to constantly varying priorities and subject matter.
- High comfort level in ambiguous situations; able to learn quickly and exercise judgment in situations where data may be elusive.
- Prior management experience and demonstrated achievement leading teams of 5+ people in a virtual environment
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), experience with proven use of project management tools with strong attention to detail.
Requisition code: DE18GLBGOP006JR0392
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top