C&I Workspace and Collaboration – Senior Consultant
End-user computing is undergoing a significant transition as Social, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud are redefining the future of the digital workplace. Enterprises are experiencing an explosion in expectations for mobility, collaboration and user-choice, especially to attract and retain the millennial workforce. Our Workspace and Collaboration specialists guide our clients through multi-year journeys from the case for change through implementation across all dimensions of workplace services. These include transformations for BYOD, mobility, desktop delivery, collaboration, end user experience management and user support environments.
Work you’ll do
Our practitioners work collaboratively within integrated, cross-functional teams to deliver comprehensive strategies that enable Cloud and Infrastructure transformations. Teamwork is crucial as teams are composed of a diverse group of specialists across multiple disciplines from both within our consulting practice and from our clients, helping drive towards a successful outcome. Our practitioners are expected to own and deliver their respective deliverables while managing different clients and other stakeholders.
Our technologists help clients implement innovative technologies to drive their business’ forward. Our consultants link technology insights to clients’ organizational goals to fit within their full operating models, accounting for their people, intellectual capital, and processes. Learn more about Technology Consulting at Deloitte.
Technology Strategy & Architecture
From leading practice to business necessity, every business recognizes the need for a strategic cloud integration platform. At Deloitte Consulting, our technology strategy and architecture specialists help organizations develop the strategies and implement the systems that build business value and drive performance. We have the in-depth knowledge and experience gained from working on some of the most complex IT challenges around the globe, everything from system replacement to full IT transformation. Learn more about our Technology Strategy & Architecture practice.
Essential functions of a Senior Consultant at Deloitte Consulting:
A Senior Consultant at Deloitte is expected to contribute to the firm’s growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Delivery: Manage and deliver key collaterals within client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies. Responsibilities include, identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping and testing support procedures.
- People Development: Perform role of mentor for junior staff; actively participate in creating training and related knowledge sharing artifacts
- Experience with designing, implementing, operating or enhancing workplace services solutions for mid to large scale organizations
- In depth knowledge of end user technology domains including VDI, Enterprise Mobility, Office 365, collaboration and end user mobility
- Understanding of different service delivery channels for managing end user experience
- Excellent understanding of IT service management principles
- 3+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- A minimum of 2 full system life cycle implementations
- Real-time project experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Desktops: Client OS Deployment (Windows, OSX), Image Management, Client Management Tools (e.g. SCCM, Tivoli), Application Packaging & Deployment, Active Directory Configuration, Enterprise Policy, Endpoint Security (Antivirus, Firewalls)
- Mobile: BYOD implementation, Mobile/Tablet Device Configuration (iOS, Blackberry, Android, Windows), MDM (e.g. AirWatch, Afaria, Intune), Device Procurement and Provisioning processes, App Stores, App Configuration & Deployment
- Unified Communication: Physical/cloud architecture for Email/messaging (Microsoft Exchange), System Architecture/Implementation (e.g. Microsoft Lync/Skype, Cisco)
- Collaboration: Cloud based Productivity suites (Office365, Google Apps), Collaboration / workflow / document management tools (e.g. SharePoint, Documentum)
- Asset Management: Discovery, Inventory Management, Device Lifecycle Management, Software Licensing, Process design / system architecture / implementation experience with leading products (e.g. Remedy, ServiceNow, CA, HP)
- Service Support Management: Service Catalog Management, Self-service, Service Fulfillment, Incident and Problem Management, Reporting and SLA management
- Virtualization: Desktop virtualization, Application Streaming, Architecture/Design for leading products (Citrix, VMWare, Microsoft)
- Storage and Backups: Tiered / Virtualized Storage, Capacity Planning, Partitioning, Rationalization, Data Migration, Synchronization Technologies, File Systems
- Databases: Performance Tuning, Clustering Design, High availability Architectures
- Data Center: Optimization, Redesign, Consolidation, Co-location, Disaster Recovery
- Infrastructure-Based Processes: Monitoring, Capacity Planning, Facilities Management, Performance Tuning, Asset Management, Disaster Recovery and High Availability.
- Cloud Computing: Types of clouds (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, XaaS), Disposition of Clouds (Public, Private, Hybrid and Community), Cloud Business Models (Subscriber, Provider, Broker and Enabler), Cloud Management Suites (vCloud, Unified Compute)
- Servers: Virtual and Physical Infrastructure, Platform Sizing, Consolidation, Automated Provisioning, Rationalization, Infrastructure Cost Reduction, Chargebacks, Thin Provisioning, Operating Systems (Linux, Unix, Windows Server etc.)
- Green Technologies: LEED, Enterprise Sustainability, Renewable Energy, Green Buildings, Innovation, Energy Management
- Demonstrated prior experience in architecting large scale systems, managing technology assessments and developing strategic recommendations
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to effectively interact with all levels of technology and business partners
- Strong Client Relationship Skills
- Experience in assisting Senior leadership team to design technology and process landscape and develop overall solution strategy
- Ability to create critical collaterals for client workshops and customer interactive sessions
- Experience in participating in transformation initiatives for mid to large scale organizations
- Proven ability towards assisting business process improvement initiatives
- Ability to work with a multi-location team
- Willingness to travel 80 – 100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- MBA preferred
- Experience working in a relevant technical role, either with another consultancy, with a product vendor (e.g. Cisco, IBM, VMWare, EMC, Citrix, Microsoft, Dell, HP, CA) or within an enterprise IT team
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g. ITIL, Microsoft, EMC, Cisco, IBM, AWS)
- Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution and architectures
- Messaging and Unified communications
- Proficient with Active Directory, ADFS and DirSync
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17SFOCSRCKL202-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top