C&I Operating Model and Autonomics – Senior Consultant
Senior Consultant – Operating Model and Autonomics
Today's business and technology trends are disrupting the traditional IT organization models. Enterprises are shifting to a more service-centric approach and embracing agile methodologies to meet the demand for faster and more frequent application releases. Simultaneously the industry is accelerating the adoption of cognitive robotics to augment their workforce and more efficiently use their workforce for critical tasks. Our Next-Generation Operating Model specialists help our clients in embracing robotics and agile best practices to establish and transform global enterprises and reduce organizational friction.
Work you'll do
Our practitioners work collaboratively within integrated, cross-functional teams to deliver comprehensive strategies that enable Cloud and Infrastructure transformations. Teamwork is crucial as teams are composed of a diverse group of specialists across multiple disciplines from both within our consulting practice and from our clients, helping drive towards a successful outcome. Our practitioners are expected to own and deliver their respective deliverables while managing different clients and other stakeholders.
Technology Strategy & Architecture
From leading practice to business necessity, every business recognizes the need for a strategic cloud integration platform. At Deloitte Consulting, our technology strategy and architecture specialists help organizations develop the strategies and implement the systems that build business value and drive performance. We have the in-depth knowledge and experience gained from working on some of the most complex IT challenges around the globe, everything from system replacement to full IT transformation. Learn more about our Technology Strategy & Architecture practice.
Essential functions of a Senior Consultant at Deloitte Consulting:
A Senior Consultant at Deloitte is expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Delivery: Manage and deliver key collaterals within client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies. Responsibilities include identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping and testing support procedures.
- People Development: Perform role of mentor for junior staff; actively participate in creating training and related knowledge sharing artifacts
- 3 or more years of experience in designing, implementing and transforming IT operating models for large organizations
- Experience in ITSM/ ITIL covering Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, Continual Service Improvement and the processes in each of these five lifecycle phases
- Experience in automation initiatives in a mid or large size organization for improving service delivery
- Knowledge of techniques such as Total Quality Management (TQM), Six/Lean Sigma, IT Operating Model/Governance to be able to drive operating model and process excellence engagement workstreams
- Experience with autonomics vendor solutions to drive IT operating model improvements
- 3+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Strong Client Relationship Skills
- Experience in assisting Senior leadership team to design technology and process landscape and develop overall solution strategy
- Ability to create critical collaterals for client workshops and customer interactive sessions
- Excellent articulation, communication and strong inter personal skills
- Experience in participating in transformation initiatives for mid to large scale organizations
- Proven ability towards assisting business process improvement initiatives
- Ability to work with a multi-location team
- Willingness to travel 80 – 100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- MBA preferred
- Intimate knowledge of the benefits of autonomics and awareness of the latest trends and major vendors in the autonomics space
- Excellent understanding of agile principles and multi-speed IT
- Well versed in IT business management
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17EASCSRCDW501-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top