C&I Infrastructure Modernization – Senior Consultant
Data center infrastructure has been shifting with the adoption software defined enterprises. Specialized hardware is now increasingly codified into infrastructure services which are being consumed as programmable software. New architectures, such as converged platforms and the use of open source technologies and protocols, are causing a disruption across the complete infrastructure stack. Strategies around disaster recovery, large scale migrations, and data centers are becoming more diverse and must be considered carefully to meet business and IT requirements. Our infrastructure specialists help our clients plan and transform through a full suite of offerings including strategy alignment, architecture, design blueprints, transformation and implementations.
Work you’ll do
Our practitioners work collaboratively within integrated, cross-functional teams to deliver comprehensive strategies that enable Cloud and Infrastructure transformations. Teamwork is crucial as teams are composed of a diverse group of specialists across multiple disciplines from both within our consulting practice and from our clients, helping drive towards a successful outcome. Our practitioners are expected to own and deliver their respective deliverables while managing different clients and other stakeholders.
Our technologists help clients implement innovative technologies to drive their business’ forward. Our consultants link technology insights to clients’ organizational goals to fit within their full operating models, accounting for their people, intellectual capital, and processes. Learn more about Technology Consulting at Deloitte.
Technology Strategy & Architecture
At Deloitte Consulting, our technology strategy and architecture specialists help organizations develop the strategies and implement the systems that build business value and drive performance. We have the in-depth knowledge and experience gained from working on some of the most complex IT challenges around the globe, everything from system replacement to full IT transformation. Learn more about our Technology Strategy & Architecture practice.
Essential functions of a Senior Consultant at Deloitte Consulting:
A Senior Consultant at Deloitte is expected to contribute to the firm’s growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Delivery: Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies. Responsibilities include identification of business requirements, data collection and validation, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping and testing support procedures.
- People Development: Perform role of mentor for junior staff; actively participate in creating training and related knowledge sharing artifacts
- Extensive knowledge of data center operations, data center applications and infrastructure, client/server computing, and production operations support
- Experience in related IT disciplines such as data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, database administration, program management, and outsourced systems
- Experience with large and complex IT systems in an enterprise environment using virtualization or Cloud technologies, including VMware, Xen, OpenStack, Hyper-V, Amazon Web Services, or Azure
- Prior experience in leading technical teams and/or transformation programs related to data center rationalization and infrastructure operations
- Familiarity with latest technology trends in infrastructure consolidation and modernization including HPC, web-scale computing, etc.
- 3+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Strong Client Relationship Skills
- Experience in assisting Senior leadership team to design technology and process landscape and develop overall solution strategy
- Ability to create critical collaterals for client workshops and customer interactive sessions
- Excellent articulation, communication and strong inter personal skills
- Proven ability towards driving business process improvement initiatives
- Ability to work with a multi-location team
- Willingness to travel 80 – 100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- MBA preferred
- In-depth storage experience across enterprise SAN, NAS, and all-flash arrays
- Experience with managing global data center operations, including emerging power and cooling techniques and best practices for next generation data centers
- Technology understanding across the compute space including trends in converged and hyperconverged along with the common UNIX flavors (AIX, Solaris, etc.)
- Experience with successfully delivering on large-scale enterprise replatforming efforts migrating workloads from non-x86 platforms to x86 infrastructure
- A background in large-scale data center migrations and consolidations
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17SFOCSRCKL201-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top