C&I Cloud Architect/Engineer – Manager
Cloud is transforming the way technology enables the business. It represents a radical shift in how IT services are obtained, used, and managed. Companies are navigating through the various cloud options and deciding between private, public, or a combination across different and dynamic provider ecosystems. Our cloud architects guide our clients through multi-year journeys from the case for change through implementation across all dimensions of cloud – business alignment, technology architecture and design, cloud application on-boarding, and transforming their operating model – to help solve our client’s most complex issues with the focus on value creation.
Work you’ll do
As a Cloud Architect/Engineer you will lead technical teams to architect, build out and deploy a cloud solution to support enterprise clients. This will require all dimensions of cloud architecture including:
- Architecting application designs using AWS Services or other leading cloud provider
- Responsible for environment build out, migration and testing with AWS (or other) environments
- End to End application and data security
- Oversight on migration projects specifically on how application and infrastructure architecture
- Performance and reliability services deployment based on enterprise requirements
- Implementing a cost optimized solution (based on usage, business requirements and budget)
Teamwork is crucial as teams are composed of a diverse group of specialists across multiple disciplines from both within our consulting practice and from our clients, helping drive towards a successful outcome. Our practitioners are expected to own and deliver solutions from end to end.
Our technologists help clients implement innovative technologies to drive their business’ forward. Our consultants link technology insights to clients’ organizational goals to fit within their full operating models, accounting for their people, intellectual capital, and processes. Learn more about Technology Consulting at Deloitte.
Technology Strategy & Architecture
From leading practice to business necessity, every business recognizes the need for a strategic cloud integration platform. At Deloitte Consulting, our technology strategy and architecture specialists help organizations develop the strategies and implement the systems that build business value and drive performance. We have the in-depth knowledge and experience gained from working on some of the most complex IT challenges around the globe, everything from system replacement to full IT transformation. Learn more about our Technology Strategy & Architecture practice.
- Architecting enterprise applications using AWS resources (EC2, EMR, Redshift, etc.)
- Understanding of availability zones and distributed applications
- Expertise in AWS IAM and enterprise compliance
- Deep knowledge of automation scripts and tools (use of AWS Cloud Formation)
- Expertise in AWS Cloud Front, Cloud Watch and Code Deploy
- Expert on application requirements for security, reliability, performance efficiency and cost optimization
- Knowledge of how to setup and use different database types and best use cases for applications (i.e. – DynamoDB, Redshift, EMR buckets, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of how to implement Lambda and API Gateway (AWS services)
- 6+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Understanding of Cloud Business Models (Subscriber, Provider, Broker and Enabler)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Demonstrated experience preparing and facilitating technology/architecture brainstorming sessions and workshops
- Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, underlying technology implications, relate technical issues to business terms within one or more industries
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to effectively interact with all levels of technology and business partners
- Ability to work with the Business and IT leadership
- Experience in working with Senior leadership team to design technology and process landscape and develop overall solution strategy
- Ability to take major ownership in orchestrating client workshops and customer interactive sessions
- Experience in developing business case drawing tangible connections between strategy and financial-success metrics
- Willingness to travel 80 – 100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with designing, implementing, or operating IT systems on leading commercial Cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, and Google
- Experience with migrating or supporting large and complex IT systems in an enterprise environment in the cloud
- Experience with modern development and testing techniques such as continuous delivery and continuous integration
- A background in software development lifecycle and experience is nice to have (but not required)
- Understanding of integration between cloud providers, systems and different API calls
- Agile methodology
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NYCCMGRDW304-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top