C&I Cloud Application Developer/Lead Programmer – Manager
Today’s business and technology trends are disrupting the traditional IT organization models. Enterprises are shifting to a more service-centric approach and embracing agile methodologies to meet the demand for faster and more frequent application releases. Simultaneously the industry is accelerating the adoption of cognitive robotics to augment their workforce and more efficiently use their workforce for critical tasks. Our Next-Generation developers need to help our clients in embracing on demand tools, devices and agile best practices to establish and transform global enterprises and reduce organizational friction.
Work you’ll do
As a Cloud Application Developer Lead/Programmer you will be leading our clients through this transformation to create smarter applications, better processes and operations. The key areas of responsibility will be:
- Lead application teams to build out custom application, covert application code or make a fix or enhancement to an existing application using the AWS (or equivalent) environment
- Lead or develop programs using Python, Node.js, Java or related programming languages
- Ability to develop templates or scripts to automate everyday developer or operations functions
- Monitor and maintain multiple (DevOps) environments to meet or exceed user expectations
- Operational and functional metrics to manage applications
- Gathering functional and technical requirements to fix or enhance enterprise applications
- Defining coding standards and critical processes to promote code
- Oversight on development efforts, application testing and deployment from development to production environments
Teamwork is crucial as teams are composed of a diverse group of specialists across multiple disciplines from both within our consulting practice and from our clients, helping drive towards a successful outcome. Our practitioners are expected to own and deliver solutions from end to end.
Our technologists help clients implement innovative technologies to drive their business’ forward. Our consultants link technology insights to clients’ organizational goals to fit within their full operating models, accounting for their people, intellectual capital, and processes. Learn more about Technology Consulting at Deloitte.
Technology Strategy & Architecture
From leading practice to business necessity, every business recognizes the need for a strategic cloud integration platform. At Deloitte Consulting, our technology strategy and architecture specialists help organizations develop the strategies and implement the systems that build business value and drive performance. We have the in-depth knowledge and experience gained from working on some of the most complex IT challenges around the globe, everything from system replacement to full IT transformation. Learn more about our Technology Strategy & Architecture practice.
- Programming experience with Node.js, Java or Python (or other relevant programming language is a must)
- Work with cross functional team and lead technology programming efforts to enhance or fix applications into a production
- Help to develop, test and maintain DevOps environments, process flows and architectural standards
- Deep knowledge of automation scripts and tools (use of AWS Cloud Formation, Placement Group, EFS, etc.)
- Deploying applications using in AWS (using tools like Cloud Front and Cloud Watch or equivalent)
- Understanding and used of AWS Code Pipeline, Code Commit and Deploy (or comparable tool set)
- Strong understand and experience with AWS OpsWorks to configure and manage applications
- Experience with enterprise production scale and volume for large enterprises
- Experience with different programming methodologies, frameworks and databases
- 6+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Understanding of Cloud Business Models (Subscriber, Provider, Broker and Enabler)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Experience preparing and facilitating gathering user requirements/brainstorming sessions and workshops
- Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, underlying application or programming implications
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to effectively interact with all levels of technology and business partners
- Ability to work with the Business and IT leadership
- Experience in working with Senior leadership team to design technology and process landscape and develop overall solution strategy
- Ability to take major ownership in orchestrating client workshops and customer interactive sessions
- Experience in developing business case drawing tangible connections between strategy and financial-success metrics
- Willingness to travel 80 – 100% of the time (Monday – Thursday/Friday)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and/or experience with CHEF, Puppet, Ansible, Docker or other tools is a plus
- Excellent understanding of agile principles and multi-speed IT
- Well versed in IT business management (or ITIL) is beneficial
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NYCCMGRDW303-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top