Channel Leader (Tax)
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Channel Leader (Tax)
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
As a member of the Technology & Infrastructure (T&I) organization, the channel leader will own all aspects of relationship, portfolio and budget management within the channel. He/she will work directly with business stakeholders to ensure world class delivery of channel initiatives.He/she will oversee functional design, including technology architecture and infrastructure design, as necessary for the successful delivery of products and services. Projects will support initiatives approved by the channel working in partnership with other organizations within Internal Technology Services (ITS). The channel leader will collaborate with internal customers and internal IT leaders to ensure alignment with defined business and technology strategies.The channel leader will oversee the successful implementation and migration of critical applications into a public cloud-hosting environment, as well as the continued hosting of critical tax applications in Deloitte data centers.As such, the position requires a high degree of experience in managing cloud and on premise hosting efforts, including budgeting, security compliance certifications (SOC2, GITC, PCAOB, HIPAA), Iaas/Paas/SaaS offerings, Microsoft Azure environment, Amazon AWS environment, and experience using Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for delivery of all technology projects and initiatives including the coordination and delivery of cloud hosted solutions and on premise hosted solutions
- Understand clients' business strategy and needs, and possesses ability to translate those for effective solution delivery
- Develop and manage investment portfolio for the channel as it relates to T&I client solutions
- Direct management responsibility for personnel in his/her channel organization (architects and engineers)
- Effectively guide architects/engineers through all aspects of client solution delivery including prioritization, planning, training, support, and deployment.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all relevant ITS and Firm strategies
- Provide insight into key technology initiatives from T&I which may impact the customers/business
- Manage risks/issues that arise with services provided by T&I
- Provide influence and guidance to the Technology Director and FSS CTO (or EA leader) to ensure governance, standards and processes are understood and taken into account as part of ongoing portfolio management
- Build and maintain a 'trusted advisor' relationship with senior business leaders and stakeholders within the channel. Act as the single point of contact for T&I with business leaders and stakeholders
- Anticipate and recognize change throughout the organization. Understand if there are implications which may impact the channel and mitigate or communicate as appropriate
- Provide regular, formal, communications to insure that Technology Directors and functional leadership are adequately apprised of project statuses, successes, potential for risk and/or identified issues
- Foster a climate conducive to establishing positive working relationships with clients (internal and external)
- Ensure ITS channels and leaders (as appropriate) are kept up to date on key projects and initiatives
- Clearly demonstrate executive presence and ability to present succinctly to executive leadership
- Extensive experience with PowerPoint and ability to tell a story using visuals, metrics, and headlines
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The 2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Technology & Infrastructure
The Technology and Infrastructure Organization works together to transform how ITS deploys technologies and services that meet the dynamic needs of Deloitte professionals and help increase their productivity.
- Unified Communications
- Infrastructure Operations
- Office of Technology and Infrastructure
- Service Management
- Solutions Delivery
- Technology Support Services
- Visual Technology and Solutions
- Cloud Solutions Center
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a large technology environment with 5 years of demonstrated experience in a Senior IT Leadership role responsible for IT transformation initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
- Experience leading a technical organization including budgeting, staffing, communications (internal and external), and prioritizing competing demands
- Significant experience in managing public cloud hosting efforts in an enterprise scale environment, preferably in Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS
- Significant familiarity with industry security certifications, including SOC2, General IT Controls, PCAOB, HIPAA, and others
- Significant experience in dealing with leadership (service line level) in understanding the needs of client service
- Superior people and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to leverage technology to solve a specific business need
- Experience managing across a matrixed organization to deliver technology solutions and results for functional leadership/stakeholders
- Knowledge of firm and industry technology that can be applied to client solution delivery within the specific channel
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be able to analyze, understand, and communicate complex ideas across a varied audience
- Excellent planning and organization skills. Ability to take a project/initiative/program from ideation and organize a plan to deliver the final working solution. Responsible and accountable for all aspects of the projects within the channel
- Must be able to effectively manage scope of projects and expectations of project stakeholders. Strong negotiation skills required
- Expert problem solver. Ability to find simple answers for complex questions or problems. Uses knowledge gained through prior experience, education, or training to resolve issues and remove project barriers
- Demonstrated ability in developing technical professionals including mentoring, evaluation, handling talent specific issues, training requirements and career counseling
- Passion and commitment for the organization/team/role
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E18NATSSRMSH097-ITL7
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top