Central Region Strategic Marketing Planner - Sr. Manager
Central Region Strategic Marketing Planner
Are you a marketing and communications professional who has demonstrated experience in designing, producing and executing client-focused marketing programs and are looking to take your skills to the next level? Are you unafraid to think differently, always thinks strategically, and keeps current on the latest trends? Are you interested in creating integrated, cross-channel marketing deliverables that advance the Deloitte brand and deliver on the strategic objectives of marketing campaigns? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, working with colleagues in a virtual setting, to meet our business and client needs?
Work you'll do
The Regional Strategic Marketing Planner (RSMP) serves as the strategic advisor to regional Managing Partners and Campaign Management-Marketplace Marketers (CM-MM) serving local markets in the region by providing marketing strategy and vision, marketplace leadership, and best practices. In addition, the RSMP oversees strategy and planning for integrated marketing campaigns that support a business, industry, or buyer program for the region while also serving as the primary marketer for Dallas and providing limited coverage for a few smaller market(s).
Regional Strategic Marketing Planner responsibilities:
- Drives overall regional marketplace strategy, planning and priorities, working with regional CM-MM professionals.
- Drives collaboration between the businesses, industry and other communications colleagues to drive strategic marketing campaigns aligned with priorities and campaign activity optimization.
- Responsible for marketing issue escalation and resolution for regional markets and Managing Partners related to marketing activations.
- Collaborates with Campaign Management leaders to recruit onboard, coach and mentor new hires.
- Ensures local messaging and content for national campaigns aligns with purpose and intent of national program.
- Collaborates with PR/Communications to help identify key market opportunities.
- Develops strategic briefs (business case) for prioritized marketing campaigns; drives approval process for campaigns with key leadership.
- Develops innovative program/whitespace marketplace activities.
Local market marketing planner responsibilities:
- In conjunction with Markets & Relationship leader, develops, maintains, and drives prioritization of marketing activities for specific areas of responsibility (1 large market and 1-2 small markets).
- Develops the local marketplace strategy and plan; project manages, oversees execution and delivery of activations including speaker engagement, coordinates logistics and promotional activities.
- Manages local market activation timelines, budgets, risk approval and ROI metrics.
- Engages Marketing Services (Social media, events, creative) in execution of campaigns; oversees campaign activations in conjunction with Marketing Services.
- Collaborates with marketplace sales executives to identify and prioritize target clients and potential connections to build relationships and drive lead generation for applicable events.
- Drives targeting activities in the assigned market(s).
- Serves as marketing advisor to key stakeholders and assists with articulation of value propositions, develops marketing objectives in support of key priorities and serves as connection point across the firm.
- Brings innovative thinking and marketing practices to all marketing activities.
Deloitte's marketing & communications team combines the power of Deloitte's brand with the most inspired marketing techniques to produce business results for our clients. From events to social media to digital strategy and execution, we elevate the Deloitte brand and strategic positioning, delivering a cohesive, consistent experience. The team brings together creative and technology skills, business insights, and industry best practices to develop innovative creative assets that engage our clients. It also executes with agility and measureable performance through best-of-breed solutions, centralization of key information and operations, and optimization of data, tools, people and process.
- Deep understanding of the business and its strategies.
- Deep understanding of integrated marketing communications strategies and tactics and how they come together to provide measurable results.
- Ability to make connections in highly matrixed environment, with eye on integration.
- Ability to design campaigns that are measurable.
- High level of comfort with ambiguity and fluid priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple, and often complex, priorities with varying degrees of involvement.
- Strong persuasive skills; able to gain consensus through influence.
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills; flexibility and adaptability.
- Executive presence, professional client service manner, demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Advanced communication skills – across variety of stakeholder groups – with ability to be agile and manage cha
- Ability to work in a virtual environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, English or related business field; Advanced degrees preferred.
- 10+ years of related experience in marketing, with a focus on marketing and communications strategy and planning.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATSSRMJK146-CL6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top