Central Region Strategic Marketing Planner - Sr. Manager
Central Region Strategic Marketing Planner
Are you an experienced marketing and communications professional with demonstrated capabilities in designing, producing and executing strategic client-focused marketing programs? Are you looking to take your skills to the next level? Do you keep current on the latest marketing trends and think boldly and strategically on how to incorporate them? Are you interested in creating integrated, cross-channel marketing deliverables that advance the Deloitte brand and deliver on the strategic objectives of marketing campaigns? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, working with colleagues both in-person and in a virtual setting, to meet our business and client needs?
Work you'll do
The Regional Strategic Marketing Planner (RSMP) oversees strategy and planning for integrated marketing campaigns that support the Central Region Marketing Leader at Deloitte as well as serving as the primary marketer for Dallas. Senior SMPs serve as trusted marketing advisors to their business leaders and key stakeholders. Responsible for developing strategic marketing plans for best-in-class marketing operations as well as oversight for marketing campaign execution. In addition, senior SMPs build specific programs, utilizing innovative, go-to-market tools and approaches, to bring the full capabilities of the firm to bear with maximum reach and impact to the market.
Regional Strategic Marketing Planner responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Regional Marketplace Leader, develops, maintains, and drives prioritization of all marketing activities for the region.
- In conjunction with Dallas Managing Partner, develops the Dallas marketplace strategic plan; manages project plan and oversees execution.
- Drives collaboration between the businesses, industry and other colleagues to drive strategic marketing campaigns.
- Recruits / onboards / coaches regional marketing team.
- Ensures messaging for regional activations aligns to the strategy of national programs.
- Coordinates with Internal Communications around initiation and development of strategic marketing campaigns.
- Collaborates with PR team to drive media coverage when applicable.
- Engages other SMPs to coordinate campaign activities and pull in other capabilities, as appropriate.
- Manages overall marketing calendar, including major campaigns, product/offering launches, major events, and core marketing maintenance activities.
- Along with Marketing Services, develops metrics and KPIs to assess campaign success at the campaign, activity and channel levels to inform future campaign tactics.
- Brings innovative thinking and marketing practices to all marketing activities.
Deloitte's Marketing & Communications team combines the power of Deloitte's brand with the most inspired marketing techniques to produce business results for our clients. From events to social media to digital strategy and execution, we elevate the Deloitte brand and strategic positioning, delivering a cohesive, consistent experience. The team brings together creative and technology skills, business insights, and industry best practices to develop innovative creative assets that engage our clients. It also executes with agility and measureable performance through best-of-breed solutions, centralization of key information and operations, and optimization of data, tools, people and process.
- Deep understanding of integrated marketing communications strategies and tactics and how they come together to provide measurable results
- Team oriented approach with ability to take initiative, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet client expectations and deadlines across multiple projects
- Ability to manage a team of direct reports and dotted line relationships seamlessly
- Ability to interact and communicate across variety of stakeholder groups (technical subject matter experts to business owners), with ability to present complex information in easily understandable format and tailored to the audience
- Strong persuasive skills and able to gain consensus through influence
- Strong project management skills
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills; flexibility and adaptability
- Executive presence, professional client service manner, demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization with a virtual team, experience in large corporate setting and/or professional services a plus.
- Ability to think both strategically and execute tactically
- Knowledge of and connections in the Dallas marketplace considered a strong plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, English or related business field; Advanced degrees preferred
- 12+ years of related experience in marketing, with a focus on marketing and communications strategy and planning
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATSSRMJK041-CL6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top