Carolinas Operation Manager
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Financial Support Services.
The Carolinas Operations Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of all aspects of the Office Services Teams in our Carolina Deloitte offices. The Operations Manager is a key business advisor to internal clients and key stakeholders of Operations' portfolio of services including all Facilities, Hospitality and Office Services. This role will provide guidance, expertise, coaching and counseling to all Carolinas based Operations office professionals and will work closely with other leaders within the Carolinas Workplace Services and Operations, both locally and nationally, to drive the efficiency and cross teaming that are critical to delivering the highest levels of client service. The Operations Manager will possess a deep knowledge of the firm, our internal clients and their needs, and the Operations service model to ensure consistent outstanding service delivery to all supported clients on a consistent basis. Key success factors for this role include the ability to build effective relationships, communicate effectively, and cultivate a high performing team. The Carolinas Operations Manager will work closely with regional operations leadership to coordinate and implement all local, regional, and national Operations initiatives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages Daily Operations
- Manages all aspects of Carolinas Operations operation's to ensure the highest levels of efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for managing the delivery of all Operations services including administrative, hospitality, and office services for the Carolinas office.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all Operations support activities and best practices services consistently meet customer needs and expectations while complying with organization standards, policies, and practices.
- Responsible for all workflow management activities for Carolinas Operations, working collaboratively with all service lines within Operations, including National Operations groups, to ensure seamless and efficient service delivery.
- Manages client and vendor relationships including several outsourced service providers to ensure the highest levels of consistent and quality service delivery.
- Partners with geography leader to develop and execute service strategies, programs, and processes for delivering a superior customer experience; ensures consistent implementation and compliance of regional and national Operations initiatives.
- Collaborates with all service lines within Workplace Services to promote and facilitate cross-training and teaming; proactively builds a cohesive team by educating, sharing information, and providing updates.
- Fosters a positive, collaborative environment; meets regularly with direct reports to understand issues and assess workload, service challenges, and provide continuous, ongoing performance feedback.
- Defines clear business objectives and has the ability to guide the work of others using strong problem solving skills to address complex service challenges.
- Monitors various reporting tools to ensure compliance with operational policies and procedures (daily time reporting, overtime, etc.).
Manage Client Experience and Relationships
- Delivers exceptional client experiences in all Operations Services while building and maintaining effective client relationships.
- Drives accountability for and creates a culture of understanding the needs of our clients; actively seeks to understand client feedback to continuously improve the client experience.
- Builds strong client relationships with local office leadership by understanding business needs, managing flawless service delivery, resolving issues, and bringing solutions for all Operation's needs; leverages relationships as needed to seek conflict resolution as it relates to people or services provided.
- Serves as an ambassador for Carolinas Operations services, educating clients and team members on service offerings and capabilities.
- Actively addresses service challenges by leveraging an understanding of client business needs and strong problem solving skills; proactively communicates issues, challenges, and solutions upwards to ensure successful service delivery and relationship management.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Manages budget effectively through regular analysis and interpretation of key metrics including headcount forecast and reporting by period and overtime.
- Understands and prioritizes multiple competing financial interests to balance fiscal responsibility with the need to maintain the desired overall client experience and mitigate risks to our operations.
- Manages all operations of Operations to key financial metrics; provides regular reporting and analysis each period as well as ad hoc reporting as requested by Geography Leader or other leadership.
- Assists in the budget planning process as it relates to the Operations budgets and expense forecasting of items atypical such as capital purchases and increased maintenance spend.
- Responsible for proactively managing/leveraging resources to balance overtime requests with services provided.
- Analyzes monthly financial results and provides guidance/consultation to key clients and stakeholders.
- Evaluates compensation adjustments; reviews recommendations provided by Talent and makes appropriate adjustments for Geography Leader, Talent and Regional Operations Leadership review.
- Acts as project manager responsible for overall planning, direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects.
- Leads the planning and implementation of projects including timelines, risk mitigation, resource allocation.
- Assembles and coordinates project staff.
- Manages project budget.
- Reports on progress to all stakeholders; project progress, problems and solutions.
- Provides direction and support to project team.
- Drives performance management process including annual goal setting, Mid-Year evaluations, and Year End review processes; works collaboratively with Geography Leader and Talent on performance management issues.
- Cultivates strong performance through coaching and performance management.
- Manages, leads and mentors staff in carrying out daily operational and career development objectives and goals.
- Conducts performance discussions that foster trust and elevates performance of direct report.
- Writes effective performance reviews; demonstrating poise and professionalism in facing resistance or challenges.
- Serves as a role model and primary counselor to direct reports.
- Mentors, coaches and assists in the development of direct reports.
- Recruits and develops high performing talent; interviews, makes hiring recommendations and coordinates onboarding and training of new hires and transfers.
- Understands and assesses skill levels to recommend appropriate training and professional development; counsels and motivates direct reports to capitalize on their strengths and improve development areas.
- Leads and embraces change.
- Creates an environment that builds accountability for and commitment to meeting objectives; builds trust, confidence and credibility with direct reports, which includes the ability to exercise discretion when dealing with privileged, personal or confidential topics.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 8 – 10 years of relevant experience supervising others in a large corporate environment preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail; strong problem-solver with the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to analyze/interpret difficult situations, and quickly make recommendations for resolution
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with people of all levels
- Ability to define and communicate clear business objectives and desired outcomes
- Strong technical skills and solid understanding of MS Office
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Leadership skills; ability to proactively manage client's needs, address crisis situations and manage change effectively
- Professional presence with the ability to build credibility and collaborate directly with office leadership
- Demonstrate ability in team building
- Ability to manage change and act as a change agent
Requisition code: E17CHRSMGRJD030-CL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top