Business Valuation Senior Manager
Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP seeks a Business Valuation Senior Manager in New York, NY.
Work You'll Do
Business Valuation Senior Manager to evaluate issues and delegate tasks to managers and staff; manage multiple business enterprise and intangible valuation engagements simultaneously; perform analysis of accounting, finance, economic issues in the context of business enterprise and intangible asset valuation; prepare and execute detailed work plans and prepare client deliverables; perform quality control and ensure accuracy of client deliverables; perform complex research engagements and write reports summarizing facts, findings, and conclusions; analyze financial statements, statistical models, and various other business documents; draft and prepare deliverables on business enterprise and intangible asset valuation engagements; manage project teams averaging 3-10 valuation Associates and Senior Associates; market services to new and existing clients and implement marketing and targeting strategies; lead internal initiatives and practice management engagements; leverage existing client base and relationships to create market opportunities; and perform reviews of third party appraisals for audit support purposes and manage risk associated with engagements.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Six years of Business Valuation experience.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Leading engagements in the Life Science Industry, including assets/companies in the Biopharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Biomedical Technologies, Medical Devices, Nutraceuticals, Over-The-Counter Pharmaceuticals, Medical Imaging, Immuno-Oncology, Contract Research Organizations, Contract Manufacturing Organizations and Animal Health space;
- Utilizing business valuation experience to meet FASB's ASC 805, ASC 820, ASC 350, ASC 718, ASC 815, ASC 360, Revenue Ruling 59 regulations, Tax restructuring, Legal Entity Rationalization, IP Migration, Section 363 Sale, Related Party Loan structuring, Board Advisory, and Management Planning purposes;
- Experience with engagements of approximately $1 billion dollar transactions;
- Managing teams of professionals across various engagements simultaneously;
- Performing valuation of business entities, including tangible and intangible assets;
- Estimating the value of loan and investment portfolios;
- Liaising directly with clients at the C-suite level to discuss engagements;
- Performing research and analysis using Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Factset, Mergerstat, Thomson, and Datamonitor;
- Reviewing valuations performed by appraisal firms and company management in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS; and
- Creating complex financial models.
- Position requires approximately 40% travel.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XSFH18FQ0717NYC1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top