Business Solution Analyst - Advisory
Job Title: Business Solution Analyst - Advisory
Area: Deloitte Application Studios – Advisory
Location: Hermitage, TN
Career Level: 5
- Maintains a solid knowledge base of the functional capabilities of and is a Subject Matter Expert on the various areas and products within Advisory
- Assists the Engagement Manager in leading, directing, and reviewing all activities associated with delivering technology products. Responsible for product quality, project timeliness, and customer satisfaction.
- Interfaces with clients to define and document requirements for a named set of custom developed or vendor software products. Creates documentation including requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, feature description PowerPoint decks, user guides, process flows, wireframes, and newsletters.
- Responsible for conducting Design Thinking sessions to gain insights into end user and customer needs, Manages the Product Backlog for a Product, working with the Engagement Manager to prioritize requirements, define and manage scope and sprints for a project.
- Provides operational support to practitioners and firm clients. Configures SharePoint features in production and non-production environments. Engages with various ITS organizations to resolve problems as they arise.
- Possesses overall understanding of appropriate business processes and workflows.
- Engages business owners and other ITS resources to respond to requests for new applications and/or enhancements. Collaborates with the Engagement Manager in creating and presenting the appropriate project on-boarding processes and materials (Charter).
- Leads and is responsible all Testing and QA activities within the project lifecycle. Works with and manages off-shore QA resources to develop and execute Test Plans, Test Scripts and all other deliverables and activities related to Quality Assurance of the Products.
- Provides feedback to off-shore QA resources
- Works with the Engagement Manager and clients to plan and execute User Acceptance Testing.
- Participates in reviews of plans associated with project execution.
- Assists Engagement Manager with status reporting as required by the Advisory Channel and Deloitte Applications Studio leadership.
- Responds proactively to both business and project issues and escalates appropriately.
- 5+ years of experience working in supporting multiple software projects in various IT roles.
- 3+ years of Business Analyst or System Analysis experience.
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance experience.
- A solid knowledge and understanding of functionality within Deloitte Advisory applications preferred.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of software development lifecycles including Agile development and testing.
- Experience with test plan creation, automated test scripting, and load/stress testing.
- Familiarity with SharePoint, Test Director, MS Project, HP Quality Center, SAP Solution Manger, Automated QA tools is a plus
- Prior experience that demonstrates good business understanding is needed (experience in a professional services organization is a plus
- Demonstrated ability in applying repeatable quality assurance processes and methods to enterprise wide technology projects or initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, organization, analytical, planning and leadership skills.
- Strong management, communication, technical and remote collaboration skill are a must.
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects and cross-functional teams, and ability to coordinate across teams in a large matrix organization environment.
- Ability to effectively conduct technical discussions directly with Project/Product management, and clients.
- Excellent team collaboration skills.
- Strong relationship building and maintaining skills. Fosters a climate conducive to establishing positive working relationships with clients (internal and external).
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) is a plus.
- Familiarity with SharePoint, MS Project, HP Quality Center, TFS/Urban Turtle, Automated QA and wire-framing or visualization tools is a plus.
- Experience working with Agile development processes.
- Experience in packaged software development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
- Limited travel might be required.
Requisition code: E18NATSMGRGO017-ITL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top