Business Risk Internal Audit - Senior Consultant - Regulatory & Compliance
A truly effective internal auditing capability is an essential dimension of any organization's risk management structure. Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory Internal Audit aspires to be the leading practice who helps our clients transform Internal Audit to be aligned to the key risks and strategies of their organization.
Work you'll do
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, and related standards
- Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Understand complex business and information technology management processes
- Execute advanced services and supervise staff in delivering basic services
- Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods and tools to support service offering or industry projects
- Understand clients' business environment and basic risk management approaches
- Perform internal audit reviews/projects of business (i.e., financial, operational, compliance, etc.).
- Assist in the planning of the audit approach and scope, preparation of an audit program, and determination of the auditing procedures to be used
- Gain an understanding of client risks, controls, and areas of operational improvement
- Create internal control documentation related to internal audit and SOX and identification of key control points, including narratives and process and data flows
- Obtain, analyze, and appraise evidentiary data in order to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls
- Identify internal control gaps and deficiencies, as well as efficiency and effectiveness opportunities
- Provide recommendations for improved and enhanced controls and business efficiencies to clients
- Assist in development of draft reporting and deliverables
- Apply internal audit standards in planning and execution of internal audit reviews/projects
- Monitor and report Bank compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations
- Review compliance related policies and procedures for compliance with regulatory requirements and sound practices
- Prepare detailed report of violations to federal and/or state regulations and other compliance audit findings, presenting any irregularities or exceptions to Senior Management and/or the Audit Committee
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of market trends, competitor activities, and Deloitte products and service lines
- Actively participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
- Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations
- Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability
- Participate in and actively support mentoring relationships within practice
Our team helps clients turn insight into foresight by exploiting technology-enabled methodologies and innovation to deliver results with more accuracy, efficiency and value. Advising clients on process efficiency, fraud detection, operational quality, internal control and regulatory compliance, we help to reveal greater insights for improved operations and decision-making today, tomorrow, and well into the future. Learn more about Deloitte's Risk and Financial Advisory Internal Audit practice.
- Bachelor's degree (in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems or related field)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Banking regulatory environment and its applications to National Banks, Holding Companies, State-chartered institutions, and US Branches of Foreign Banks, Dodd-Frank, etc., and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). Requirements include how a Bank is organized – Deposit, Lending, Operations (Wires, Information Technology, etc.), Support Functions
- Ability to advise clients on various Consumer Compliance laws and implementing regulations, including FCA, ECOA, FHA, RESPA, TILA, HMDA
- Experience in Banking and Internal Audit with superior audit documentation skills is highly desirable.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of management and the Board of Directors is essential
- Travel up to 50% expected
- Masters' degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Mathematical Finance) preferred; or a combination of quantitative and business degrees preferred.
- Certification as CIA, and/or CISA preferred
- Ability to state complex issues simply
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with working in an ambiguous environment
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NYCFSRCMP009-BR
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top