Business Risk Internal Audit - Senior Consultant - Financial Services
A truly effective internal auditing capability is an essential dimension of any organization's risk management structure. Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory Internal Audit aspires to be the leading practice who helps our clients transform Internal Audit to be aligned to the key risks and strategies of their organization.
Work you'll do
- Demonstrate understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls, and related regulatory and compliance standards
- Perform internal audit assurance activities (internal audits over financial, operational, compliance, IT, SOX and QARs), consult with engagement leadership and clients on strategic plans and other business matters, and help to anticipate emerging risks for our clients
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions to best advise our clients
- Apply a general knowledge of the technologies used to build complex IT environments
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design, and implement products and services
- Support client engagements by helping plan the audit approach and scope, preparing the audit program, determining auditing procedures, seeing the audit process through completion, and applying internal audit standards in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Actively participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients, by providing high quality deliverables and communications
- Create internal control documentation for the engagement including narratives, process and data flows, and other supporting work papers.
- Play a substantive role with project management by supporting engagement planning, economics, billing and staffing; providing regular status reports for the client, while supervising junior staff
- Exercise professional skepticism, judgment and adhere to the code of ethics while on engagements
Our team helps clients turn insight into foresight by exploiting technology-enabled methodologies and innovation to deliver results with more accuracy, efficiency and value. Advising clients on process efficiency, fraud detection, operational quality, internal control and regulatory compliance, we help to reveal greater insights for improved operations and decision-making today, tomorrow, and well into the future. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Internal Audit practice.
- Bachelor's degree (in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems or related field)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, with FSI industry focus a plus
- Travel up to 50% expected
- Ability to state complex issues simply
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with working in an ambiguous environment
- Certification as CPA, CIA, CISA and/or PMP preferred
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NYCFSRCMP002-BR
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top