Business Development Manager - Life Sciences
Ready for an exciting and fast-paced career as a true ‘hunter’? Have a passion for closing million dollar plus deals for a large company that turns business issues into opportunities for growth, resilience and long-term advantage? CIS by Deloitte is an integral part of Deloitte Advisory’s leading life and health care practice. Our services focus on risk mitigation and operational performance. As part of our team, you will commit to providing deep industry and compliance knowledge to our clients, being a subject matter specialist, and supporting a technology platform to manage complex commercial operations. You will have the opportunity to build your professional skills in a variety of project experiences and be involved in helping our clients understand, analyze, and respond to various business opportunities and challenges presented by the changing regulatory marketplace
Work you’ll do
The Life Sciences Manager, Business Development will be responsible for working with the Vice President of Business Development to continue to expand and increase CIS by Deloitte’s presence and company awareness in the related regional market through the identification of new business. This candidate must be successful at lead identification, securing client capability presentations, writing contracts and brining the business to a close. Many leads are generated via the marketing department, but this individual should naturally come with a rolodex of industry contacts, must have the ability to create their own multi-million dollar pipeline via multi-channel prospecting (cold calling, email, referrals, etc.). Expectations are that the candidate can build a pipeline that is minimally three fold of their sales target.
As the regulatory landscape continues to shift and grow in complexity, companies are facing unprecedented compliance challenges and close regulatory scrutiny. CIS by Deloitte provides solutions in health care compliance, risk and technology-driven managed services. Managing your financial, operational, and reputation risk to allow you to focus on what matters most – the patient, innovation, and the greater health care marketplace.
Visit www.cisbydeloitte.com to find out more about CIS by Deloitte and our health care compliance consulting and technology-driven managed services.
- 10+ years sales within Commercial and/or Government companies including
- Must have firsthand knowledge, understanding, and experience related to the pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotech industries especially knowledge of standard business processes and workflows
- Experience selling life science consulting services and products, with specific experience required in at least one of the following: Audit, Compliance & Ethics, Transparency, GCP/GMP, Federal Programs, Government Pricing, Commercialization, and Contracts.
- Competent in knowing how to identify new leads, who to contact and use business acumen best judgment to determine appropriate follow up to close business
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support and liaison with internal consulting staff and account managers
- Plan/carry out/support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, and integrate personal sales efforts with other organized marketing activities, e.g., product/service launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions and telemarketing
- Meeting/Exceeding Sales targets
- 10+ years of experience collaborate with various business channels and business development partners successfully
- 10+ years of experience translating customer needs into a meaningful proposal or statement of work
- Excellent writing and content development skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings and gain group consensus
- Open to up to 80% travel to facilitate meetings internally, meet external client needs and attend various industry conferences and events
- Entrepreneurial, proactive attitude
- Strong work ethic demonstrating the highest levels of ethics and integrity
- Life sciences enterprise software knowledge and experience
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATEMGRRM030-CIS
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top