Business Continuity Planner
Are you passionate about cyber and security challenges in information technology, associated with threats and vulnerabilities? Are you looking for an enriching experience to build your career and brand? If you are interested in a role that offers an opportunity to provide front line support to our clients instead of a "back office programmer" position then Deloitte's Technology Risk team could be the place for you! Join our Technology Risk team and help Federal clients address information and technology risks related with cyber security, data leakage, identity and access management, and data security.
Work you'll do
As a Senior Consultant within our Technology Risk team, you will:
- Work with Federal clients to mitigate information technology risk
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
- Assist in proposal development, as requested
- Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
- Support organizational planning to address disasters, interruptions of business functions and enterprise resilience.
- Interpret government regulations and applicable directives, and advises government management on the best course of action to meet program goals, objectives and compliance with program mandates.
- Assist with the development of plans for continuity of essential functions and resumption of complete business operations.
- Monitor business and operation changes to ensure plans remain current and valid. Performs business process analysis/business impact analysis (BPA/BIA), risk assessments of essential functions and/or information systems in accordance with federal directives and industry best practices.
- Prepare and conducts training briefings and overviews to educate workforce personnel.
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our Federal Technology Risk team is client focused and mission driven. Our team works across industries and sectors to respond more rapidly and effectively, providing recommendations to improve information technology risk detection. We work to uncover and resolve areas where potential threats could cause the most damage to our client's critical business operations.
- TS SCI with Poly Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems Security, Cybersecurity, or related field
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Experience designing, coordinating and conducting continuity exercises in accordance with (IAW) Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Exercise Evaluation Program (HSEEP) guidelines. Research, formulate and document reconstitution and devolution strategies.
- Completion of the FEMA Continuity of Operations Excellence Series – Level 1 (Professional Continuity Practitioner) required.
- Completion of Living Disaster Recovery Planning System (LDRPS) commercial training or one (1) year documented experience using LDRPS Version 10.x is required
- At a minimum, a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university(Certification through the Disaster Recovery Institute International or Business Continuity Institute (e.g., CBCP, CPSCP, MBCI)Four (4) additional years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree) and five (5) years of experience in performing one (1) or more of the following areas:
- Continuity of Government
- Continuity of Operations
- Business Continuity Planning
- Crisis Management
- Continuity Strategic Planning and Policy
- Enterprise Risk Management
- National level homeland security or continuity of operations exercises.
- Previous Federal Consulting experience
- Understanding of fundamental cloud computing concepts
- Experience with Information Assurance concepts and processes within the Federal government
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17BALCSPERB060-TR
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top