BPaaS - Technology Applications and Outsourcing: Senior Manager - SAGE X3
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients, and our people. If you’re ready for a career with a dynamic organisation in an environment that fosters professional development and career advancement, you’re ready for Deloitte. With 200,000 people in over 150 countries, Deloitte member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world’s largest companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions and successful fast-growing companies.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations. We specialise in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism, TMT and the public sector.
Deloitte professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Our professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
At Deloitte you have the opportunity to develop your talents and capabilities and be in the driving seat of your career. Our unique culture, commitment to continuous learning and accessible leadership encourages personal initiative and rewards innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender or culture, you’ll make more of your career at Deloitte.
About the Division
With close to 800 globally connected professionals, the Consulting practice of Deloitte in Southern Africa is one of the largest consulting firms in the global Deloitte Consulting business. By integrating our four distinct service offerings and extensive industry knowledge we are able to deliver unique solutions that address clients’ needs.
Consulting offers services in four key areas:
- Strategy & Innovation
- Human Capital
- Technology (including Enterprise Applications)
- Business Process Services
About the Job
Oversee development projects on SAGE X3, client relationships, human resources and ensure professional client delivery relating to SAGE X3 function.
3-5 years’ in IT field, with 3 years in supervisory/management role
Client facing experience
About the Job:
We are looking for someone who is best able to fulfil the following role / Key Responsibilities:
Contribute to the bottom line of the Service Line through:
- Accurate evaluation of client information systems & requirements
- Input on costing for proposals in terms of SAGE X3 bids
- Effective control of budgets and expenditures of projects
- Effective planning, organizing, directing, control and evaluation of the projects
- Meet with managers and teams and clients to discuss project requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Research current and potential changes to ensure cutting edge client delivery at all times
- Recommend and advise on innovative ways to enhance Deloitte profile in Technology Outsourcing
- Identify possible growth areas for business
- Recruit and develop competent IT personnel to develop, implement, provide training on SAGE X3
- Ensure resources and team are familiar with client requirements
- Manage and provide orientation to new users of the system
- Manage and train internal staff and clients
- Efficient and effective management of client account
- Meeting with committees to report on project progress and ensuring management report packs are completed and distributed monthly
- Manage client environments and resources to troubleshoot any issues arising
- Manage team dynamics and individual performance
- Manage all risks related to program development to ensure confidentiality of client information
- Ongoing evaluation of security risks and changes to programs to minimize risk
- Monitor that team meet all deadlines relating to internal processes i.e. expense claims, timesheets, leave, absences, etc.
- Participate in broader outsourcing teams to understand offerings
- Network with Service Lines across Deloitte to brand BPaaS and its’ client offerings
Technical skills required:
- In-depth knowledge of SAGE X3 and broad knowledge of ERP systems
- Business development and sales ability
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, etc.
- Financial knowledge
- Sound Consulting experience
We are looking for someone who has the following attributes and will contribute to the development of the brand through:
- Positive client interaction / Client focused
- Seeking more opportunities at clients
- Engagement with other Deloitte managers to promote the business
- Positive support and interaction with team members
- Active participation at networking events and internal or external client events
- Professional and adaptable / agile
- Client service delivery orientation
- Flexibility– assisting with client tasks as and when required
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Problem solving ability / Ability to analyse and solve problems
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to seek direction as required but mainly work independently and co-operate with others / good team player
Requisition code: ZA130603BS
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top