Azure Cloud Enterprise Architect, Sr Manager
The DevOps COE reports to the office of the Deputy CIO of Technology and is responsible for delivering cloud services which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. The DevOps COE flexes to support business-lead software development while bring to bear best practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
As a Cloud Enterprise Architect you will drive the design and delivery of world-class cloud solutions for the office of the Deputy CIO of Technology. This includes taking a lead role in the cloud architecture practice. You and your peers will provide the right level of structure to enable transformation and innovation in cloud.
Your responsibilities include partnering with business-lead development teams and successfully leading the design of cloud solutions. You will be challenged to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new cloud services, drive transformation, and transform IT.
- Successfully establish the cloud enterprise architecture practice by taking a lead role in delivering architectural services for next generation solution development efforts. This includes providing guidance and technical leadership for DevOps delivery teams and cultivating a business-focused mind set.
- Be a trusted advisor for cloud initiatives by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice while also building organizational partnerships and networks to ensure comprehensive cloud capabilities are developed with input from appropriate business and IT resources.
- Work with your peers to build tailored solutions with repeatable patterns that can be leveraged across business and IT solutions.
- Directly support the use and delivery of cloud services in the organization.
- Partner with business and IT stakeholders to deliver strategic investments in cloud
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or relevant experience and accomplishments.
- 8+ years of experience in the IT field.
- Strong experience architecting and building multi-tenant IaaS and PaaS cloud solutions the with the Microsoft Azure platform in a large corporation.
- Strong experience with cloud software design patterns (micro services, messaging, distributed caching, etc.)
- Strong experience setting project vision/scope, building the team to deliver, and overseeing delivery.
- Strong experience building product delivery schedules and roadmaps.
- Proven track record of successfully adopting new technology at an enterprise-wide level.
- Experience leading delivery of managed IT services to enterprise customers.
- Exceptional communication skills and proven track record of presenting to executive-level leadership.
- Developer background, 5+ years of experience with programming in at least one common object oriented language (java, c#, C++, etc.).
- Strong experience leading a technical project teams with the ability to lead people, provide direction, and set clear objectives.
- Must understand Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
- Experience with continuous integration concepts and tools, such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Microsoft TFS, TeamCity, etc.
- Must understand Agile/SCRUM methodologies and have applied them on a Scrum team.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Strong experience in programmatically configuring Linux or Windows servers and services for cloud-based deployments.
- Experience designing and running a practical release management process for a product team.
- 3+ years of experience developing with the Microsoft technology stack – TFS, Visual Studio, .Net, SQL, IIS, etc.
- Knowledge of Risk Controls framework, and Audit procedures (27000/1/2, NIST 800-53/171, SOC2, DFARS etc.).
- Excellent influencing and reasoning skills; good at conflict resolution and consensus building.
- Ability to travel ~25%.
Requisition code: E17NATSSRMSH020-ITL6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top