AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer Manager
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer Manager
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
The Client Solutions Group reports to the office of the Deputy CIO of Technology and is responsible for delivering cloud solutions which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. The Client Solutions Group supports business-lead software development efforts and provides best practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
As an AWS Cloud Engineer you will drive the delivery of world-class cloud solutions for the office of the Deputy CIO of Technology. You will be challenged to find approaches that enable rapid adoption of new cloud services and drive transformation for our business and IT processes.
The successful candidate will engineer, install, configure, monitor, maintain and troubleshoot Deloitte's cloud applications and hosting platforms in an environment that embraces DevOps philosophes to empower the implementation of tools and processes which enable the rapid development and deployment of software, continuous integration/deployment, automated quality checks, and operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams. This position is responsible for execution, engineering, and operational tasks for applications and hosting platforms running in the Public and Private Cloud. This responsibility includes both IaaS and PaaS services.
In this role you will partner with the Deloitte business functions and IT teams to lead the implementation of cloud solutions.
- Design the cloud user experience from project initiation through deployment. Work with engineering, networking, and controls teams on design execution to ensure cloud environments meet firm standards while providing a user experience with minimal IT interactions.
- Be a trusted advisor for cloud initiativesbyproviding objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice while also building organizational partnerships and networks to ensure comprehensive cloud capabilities are developed with input from appropriate business and IT resources.
- Build solutions which incorporate automation that can be leveraged across business channels and IT for continued process improvement
- Partner with business and IT stakeholders to identify and deliver strategic investments in cloud. Includes researching tools and services to meet our needs through POCs, product evaluations, etc.
- Install, configure, automate, and monitor various Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- Assist in-house development teams with application/platform integration issues such as security/permissions, Service configuration, and network issues (name resolution, firewall port flows, and load balancing).
- Identify virtual and physical infrastructure issues which impact the functionality of the application and hosting platform. A working knowledge of Active Directory, SQL server, firewalls, and load balancing solutions is desirable.
- Perform operational engineering for activities which include platform upgrades, patching, monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Provide periodic off-hours on-call support for production systems.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The 2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Technology & Infrastructure
The Technology and Infrastructure Organization works together to transform how ITS deploys technologies and services that meet the dynamic needs of Deloitte professionals and help increase their productivity.
- Unified Communications
- Infrastructure Operations
- Office of Technology and Infrastructure
- Service Management
- Solutions Delivery
- Technology Support Services
- Visual Technology and Solutions
- Cloud Solutions Center
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or relevant experience and accomplishments.
- 5+ years of experience in the IT field
- 3-5 years working in AWS cloud.
- 3+ years of experience administering or developing with the Microsoft technology stack (TFS, Visual Studio, .Net, SQL, IIS, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience building product delivery schedules and roadmaps.
- Experience directing technical project teams, providing direction, setting clear objectives, and leading the delivery of managed IT services to enterprise customers.
- Experience using scripting languages such as Powershell, Python, etc.
- Experience architecting and building multi-tenant IaaS and PaaS cloud solutions with the Amazon AWS platform in a large corporation.
- Experience with cloud software design patterns (microservices, messaging, distributed caching, etc.)
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code/configuration management tools such as Chef, or Puppet.
- Knowledge of network security, WAN topologies, and software defined networking
- Knowledge of Risk Controls framework and Audit procedures (27000/1/2, NIST 800-53/171, SOC2, HIPPA, etc.) a plus
- Exceptional communication skills and proven track record of presenting to executive-level leadership.
- Excellent influencing and reasoning skills; good at consensus building
- Some travel 10%
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E18NATSMGRSH125-ITL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top