Audit/Analysis Senior Consultant
Are you a creative, analytical thinker that enjoys solving complex business problems? Do you have experience driving business performance by optimizing the management of financial and operational risk? If so, Deloitte's Federal Finance & Operations team could the place for you! Join our team of Finance & Operations professionals who provide high quality solutions to address a variety of regulatory and business risks that result from internal and external changes.
Work you'll do
As a Senior Consultant within our Finance & Operations team, you will:
- Develop predictive models to identify, forecast and combat areas of finance and operational risk
- Implement, transform and support the operation of compliance programs across industry sectors
- Perform project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others
- Participate in and/or lead the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client and contract
- Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues
- Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
- Provides coaching to junior staff
- Contributes to new business proposals and proposal development
- Manage own personal and professional development; seek opportunities for professional growth and expansion of consulting skills and experience
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our Finance & Operations team helps Federal clients effectively manage risk to protect their value. Our team helps Federal clients strategize and implement organizational and governance changes to improve processes and underlying technology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Operations Risk or related field.
- 2+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Accounting/Finance background required
- 3+ years experience in risk services/assessments
- Experience leading a team
- Previous Federal Consulting experience
- Strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience with developing eminence, thought ware and point-of-view materials
- Experience with business concepts and processes within the Federal government
- Knowledge of and experience with Federal regulations, standards, processes, security and operations
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17ROSADVSRCSB29425
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top