Audit Senior Manager (Oil & Gas)
Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Audit Senior Manager (Oil & Gas) in Houston, TX.
Work You'll Do
Perform audits of financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and International Accounting Standards (IAS) to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as well as International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Oversee projects to audit internal controls for client organizations, as well as research on complex accounting and auditing issues. Under the supervision of upper management, guide the day-to-day operations of multiple audit engagements. Involved with legal, regulatory, and accounting issues that arise during audit engagements. Responsible for the supervision of staff and services to clients, which includes planning, budgeting and staffing. Assist upper management with overall project management for audit engagements. Prepare project proposals for engagements and ensure that accounting and auditing services are delivered consistent with client requirements and industry standards, as well as independence requirements. Will commute within the Houston, TX area to perform assigned job duties.
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Business Management, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Six years of auditing experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Experience must include six years of:
- Performing audits of oil field services companies and performing audits in the Manufacturing and Private Equity Industries;
- Performing audits under GAAS, GAAP, PCAOB, AICPA, IFRS (including conversion to U.S. GAAP), and SEC requirements;
- Developing approach for testing internal controls to satisfy requirements of Section 404 of Sarbanes Oxley Act and conducting corporate internal audits;
- Determining risk-based external audit procedures and current accounting and auditing guidelines;
- Evaluating financial statement reports, analysis, and disclosures and utilizing advanced Excel tools including Pivot Tables, VLookup, and macros;
- Testing and evaluating the design, implementation and operating effectiveness of company's controls under the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) framework;
- Liaising with various specialists including tax, valuation, fair valuation, IT, actuarial and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act specialists; and
- Supervising engagements, including full life cycle of audit, staffing, budgeting, and closing out projects including conducting daily reviews of interim financial information in accordance with PCAOB standards.
- Experience must include three years of:
- Reviewing 10K's, 10Q's, S-8's, proxies and other SEC filings including client debt and equity offerings and
- Assisting clients with the assessment and implementation of ASC 606 - Revenue from Contracts with Customers and ASC 842 - Leases standards by acting as a technical advisory resource.
- Must possess: CPA license or have passed all four parts of the Uniform Certified Public Accountant examination certification.
- Less than 10% travel outside of normal commuting distance.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please seewww.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0118HOM1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top