Deloitte & Touche LLP seeks a Audit Senior in San Francisco, CA.
Work You'll Do
Work under the supervision of upper management to design audit approaches, conduct field audit engagements, and perform complex accounting and auditing of balance sheets and income statements. Participate in the completion of client annual reports and interact with clients to discuss field audit issues. Perform accounting and auditing functions on field engagements for major corporate clients, and develop accounting worksheets. Participate in pre-audit planning for audit engagements, review client accounting and operating procedures and systems of internal control and conduct audit tests which are sufficient in scope to support professional opinions as to the fair representation of client financial statements. Participate in the preparation of financial statement reports, performing analytical reviews of audit documents and preparing the documentation supporting audit opinions. Perform accounting research to solve issues that arise during the course of audit or compliance engagements. Will commute within the San Francisco, CA area to consult with clients concerning the above job duties.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in accounting, management, economics, business administration or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- One year of accounting and auditing experience in the distribution and retail industry.
- Experience must include one year of:
- Performing audits under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) auditing standards, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX);
- Utilizing audit software, including engagement management software to perform tracking and forecasting for audit engagements;
- Designing, implementing, testing, and assessing deficiencies of internal controls, and testing controls in accordance with American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and Sarbanes-Oxley;
- Utilizing advanced Excel tools including Pivot Tables, VLookup, and macros, and developing audit workpapers utilizing specialized audit software; and
- Interacting directly with management of the audit team and audit clients to discuss auditing findings, issues, and resolutions.
- Must have CPA license or passed all four parts of the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Examination.
- Less than 10% travel outside of normal commuting distance.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please seewww.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: XSFH18FA0518SFO1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top